Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The last Eagles show... A year ago today.

I had a dream last night that Glenn and I were hanging out in Shanghai, of all places. I rescued a younger version of him who had been chained to an exposed set of pipes outside an abandoned building while passed out drunk. He woke up when I found him. Me: "How did this happen?" Glenn: "Don't ask."

Then he was suddenly 80s Glenn. We went on a mission to stop this record store from selling fraudulent memorabilia with fake autographs, a couple of which didn't even have his name spelled right. Glenn pointed one out to me that said "Drew Frey." "How do you feel about that, Drew?" I joked. He laughed. We found a copy of Soul Searchin' and he told me that a an Asian girl had inspired one of his songs on Soul Searchin'.

Then we had a high-speed car chase. We successfully escaped although there were a lot of close calls. At one time the car was balancing on two wheels on the side of a bridge. It was like we were flying. I was driving and I was really scared, but we made it! Glenn and I were grinning once we got four wheels on the ground again - it was older Glenn now - and I asked him "How did we survive that?!" He laughed and said, "I knew we would." (My dreams are pretty crazy.)

Some other stuff happened but I don't have a clear memory of it, except that it was at night and involved some one-on-one confrontations. Eventually, we made it back to the record store, villains being rounded up, all was well. Then, before I woke up, I thought "He's dying" and turned around and just saw him through a window as a white shape. The shape was still there but it started to disappear and even before it had completely dissipated I thought "He's gone."

I have had dreams with Glenn every once in a while since his death but this one was pretty intense. As a said elsewhere, maybe I subconsciously remembered the day.

Missing him very much today.
    Yes, that certainly was intense. Tears started rolling down my checks after I read the last. And it wasn't the first time today. Some days are like that for me. I guess the days that I am not very busy and have more time to think are worse. Still miss him terribly.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

He's definitely not forgotten. I put all his solo songs on shuffle yesterday when driving and I just kept thinking that he was gone now and I'd never get to hear him live again. Still have a hard time believing it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Wow Soda that made me tear up too toward the end of it. I have dreams like that too frequently and I actually had one with Glenn in it three nights ago but I really wasn't a good dream so I didn't post about it. He hadn't actually showed up in mine since that really vivid one I had back in late Jan/early Feb that I posted on here but that one comforted me and was a nice one, where this one left me feeling uneasy when I woke. I much prefer the happier ones. LOL But I've had dreams like that of hanging out with random celebs including a favorite of mine I had spending the day with the Beatles as they looked around 1964.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I may as well share the dream I had the other night. It was pretty basic. Glenn was telling Don he had congestion in his lungs & was dying (this obviously means the pneumonia, not the other causes). Don was very upset & for some reason I was there & Don started to say 'what can we do? Where is he going'? He hadn't noticed that after Glenn gave him the news he vanished. We both started looking & couldn't find Glenn any more.

I have recurring dreams in which I relived things I feel guilty about. Normally when I wake up I'm of course relieved that the bad things in the dream didn't happen. This time there was nothing I could do about it.

I haven't been able to log on for a while now..but seems to be working tonight..
    Anyway, about a month ago, my sister talked me into seeing a "medium" with her...she really believes in this stuff but didn't want to go alone..during our "meeting", she asked which one of us went to a lot of music concerts..I replied that was me and she asked if my favorite band was "The Birds"?...I laughed and said no, so she went on to say "well your favorite band are birds!"...Before we left she told me that when I see a low flying eagle, that it's a sign from my father (who died when I was 2)...but then said "wait, there's a man with your father who says that when you see an Eagle, you will think of him"..and I asked who he was and she said "your favorite singer"..she also went on to say that he was so much more than people gave him credit for..that he hadn't had the recognition that he deserved...needless to say I was floored...Gave me quite a warm feeling that my Dad was "hanging around" with Glenn..I know most people don't believe in "mediums" but that was an amazing experience for me...something that I wanted no part of, but turned out to be an hour well spent...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Wow, Glennhoney that gave me chills. I normally don't believe in mediums either but I do believe in signs and the afterlife. I recently get reminded of Glenn too now every time I go to my maternal grandparents house as my Papa loved eagles (the birds) and the Bible verse Isaiah 40 that includes "But those that trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles." It's one of my favorites too. He used to say and my Granny still does that the verse was about our family and when I was little I used to jokingly add in how it also fit that we all were Eagles fans too. LOL But my Granny still has his huge bald eagle statue in the house as well as a plate with a bald eagle soaring with that Bible verse on it. Then why my Papa passed away last year he had requested we used the little paper books they give away at funerals have the eagle cover and I will always keep mine. Plus my Papa loved music and was always telling me to listen to the story the song is telling, which got me into writing, and I always found good stories in the Eagles & Glenn's songs.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That was some experience GH. I don't NOT believe in mediums but sometimes try to reason with what they say or try to explain off their prophesies/deductions. Not in your case.

Soda you have always had the most incredible Glenn dreams and adventures in them. And he has been on our minds a lot over the past week/10 days.

FP what can I say? I'm sorry!

This has been a horrible year for us all and will continue to be I think. Every anniversary we come across has that inevitable tinge of sadness. I'm not sure how I'll cope with his birthday or Christmas. I feel very guilty that I never saw this coming. I listened to rumours that he was recovering well. To me he was stalwart, invincible death defying whatever. And he was one of my contemporaries. For him to go like that was inconceivable. Until it happened.

I suppose what I'm trying to get out is that if any experience such as dreams helps use it as a comfort. I know I had a dream about him 10 days after I think I shared it at the time. and it did try to bring some kind of peace. At least I know he's safe.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

All these anniversaries of the last time we saw the Eagles or they performed or anything like that will inevitably be hard, that's for sure. I don't know what I'm going to do for his birthday on the site. I can only imagine what his family and friends are feeling.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Six months on and I don't "miss" Glenn Frey. If anything, I spend more time "with" him than when he was alive as more material has become available and I've become more obsessed. What has changed is my thoughts of the future. I can't look forward to any new music or performances from him and I'm sad that that potential was never realised.

I've lost people close to me and I miss them. It's different because I had an interactive relationship with them and there are experiences I would like to be able to share with them and sometimes it hurts that they are not around.

Yet, I'm still sad about Glenn's death. It's a reminder that no matter who we are, how talented and successful, we have limited time and life might end before we are ready. I haven't worked out how to handle this feeling.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Six months on and I don't "miss" Glenn Frey. If anything, I spend more time "with" him than when he was alive as more material has become available and I've become more obsessed. What has changed is my thoughts of the future. I can't look forward to any new music or performances from him and I'm sad that that potential was never realised.

I've lost people close to me and I miss them. It's different because I had an interactive relationship with them and there are experiences I would like to be able to share with them and sometimes it hurts that they are not around.

Yet, I'm still sad about Glenn's death. It's a reminder that no matter who we are, how talented and successful, we have limited time and life might end before we are ready. I haven't worked out how to handle this feeling.
    A couple of photos & that bootleg from 1982 which I know you like, but I didn't have the heart to listen to it. I can't think of anything else unless you are counting all the stories which have been told about him. There are still no indications that there is any unreleased material which will see the light of day, or any tribute which will take place.

Regarding anniversaries, next week is the anniversary of when I first saw him in 1988. You will know the avatar.