Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Same, Austin. I started listening to a song that was in a completely different genre as the boys and I only made it halfway through before thinking “This is weird and doesn’t feel right at all” and shut it off in favor of Eagles tunes.

I don't think I've mentioned this here yet, but I was walking back to my dorm from class the other day, listening to the Eagles, staring at the ground... and right there on the ground was a random guitar pick. I almost didn't realize it, and walked past... but I went back out to get food and picked it up then. I like to think that was a little gift from Glenn, haha!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Nancy, he would've wanted you to keep his memory alive!! I mean I am the same way right now!!! I still can't believe that he is no longer here!!! I need to listen to everything by him and to keep myself focused!!! I just can't cope either!! He may not be here, but he is here in our hearts forever!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I've been doing Eagles song marathons on my Ipod, Both Don and Glenn vocals, along with My Man.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I got called in to work tonight. and I had my phone which has my music on it. my Spotify. I plugged it in to the sound system and played the eagles. I cried like an idiot at times but my customers loved the music. one of asked why I looked so sad. made my night with the customers singing. Glenn lives on that's for sure

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

He will live on for sure!!! The legend and the Eagle's co-founder!! I still cry when I listen to Glenn's songs especially Walk In The Dark!! That one takes on a whole new meaning for me

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Desperado. I totally broke. every time it played. I think this is the one celebrity that actually broke me.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I watched the Tavis Smiley shows tonight with my uncle. I teared up a few times, especially at the end of each episode where it showed a photo of Glenn with 1948-2016 underneath it. Also, beforehand, when Tavis came on and explained the airing, he said that After Hours turned out to be his last record. Watching the shows, you could really see the effects of the RA in his hands. I still can't get over how alive he looked in the past few years, so full of life. Yet through the tears, I laughed alot because Glenn was so funny.

I lost it after reading what Soda put in Glenn's bio on GFO earlier today. I think that me being physically ill at this time doesn't help, either, especially since Glenn's passing has reminded me of my own father's death a little over 9 years ago. Even though I'm young, Glenn's death has reminded me that death will come calling for all of us eventually. Some of us, unfortunately, get a shorter life stick. I have a physical disability which will make everyday life harder and more painful as I age. Even now, I can feel the effects of it. My uncle, who will turn 58 in May, said that he felt like he was living on borrowed time himself, especially since his brother, who is a year younger, has been having severe chest pains for over a year now. Hearing my uncle say that, hurt.

I'm leaving my posters up in Glenn's honor, to celebrate his life and legacy. Yes, they do cause some heartache, but Glenn would've wanted us to remember him. Imo, it tarnishes his memory by temporarily trying to forget about him. I have found myself being reminded of Glenn in many ways over the past few days. Yesterday, at my nana's house, I saw 2 red cardinals on her bird feeder. I've heard that if you see cardinals in your yard, that they're someone from heaven. I'd like to think that those 2 were my dad and Glenn.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95;[QUOTE
    320230]I watched the Tavis Smiley shows tonight with my uncle. I teared up a few times, especially at the end of each episode where it showed a photo of Glenn with 1948-2016 underneath it. Also, beforehand, when Tavis came on and explained the airing, he said that After Hours turned out to be his last record. Watching the shows, you could see the effects of the RA in his hands. I still can't get over how alive he looked in the past few years, so full of life. Yet through the tears, I laughed alot because Glenn was so funny.
    I lost it after reading what Soda put in Glenn's bio on GFO earlier today. I think that me being physically ill at this time doesn't help, either, especially since Glenn's passing has reminded me of my own father's death a little over 9 years ago. Even though I'm young, Glenn's death has reminded me that death will come calling for all of us eventually. Some of us, unfortunately, get a shorter life stick. I have a physical disability which will make everyday life harder and more painful as I age. Even now, I can feel the effects of it. My uncle, who will turn 58 in May, said that he felt like he was living on borrowed time himself, especially since his brother, who is a year younger, has been having severe chest pains for over a year now. Hearing my uncle say that hurt.

I'm leaving my posters up in Glenn's honor, to celebrate his life and legacy. Yes, they do cause some heartache, but Glenn would've wanted us to remember him. Imo, it tarnishes his memory by temporarily trying to forget about him. I have found myself being reminded of Glenn in many ways over the past few days. Yesterday, at my nana's house, I saw 2 red cardinals on her bird feeder. I've heard that if you see cardinals in your yard, that they're someone from heaven. I'd like to think that those 2 were my dad and Glenn.[/QUOTE]

I've still got Glenn's photos on my phone, iPad & computer & the Eagles on my Facebook page. I don't intend to change then unless it's to another picture of Glenn.

I'm still drinking out of my Eagles & Glenn mugs. Still using the keychain & wearing the tee shirts & hoodie.

I've watched some videos, most of which are posted on Facebook, with mixed reactions. I still can't watch HFO, Farewell 1, Live in Dublin, HOTE or Live In Dublin or any of the episodes of TV shows he acted on. I can'watch his own videos as I'm I would lose it on songs like The One You Love, Smugglers Blues, etc. I've watched the Tavis Smiley interview many times & I love it. I couldn't bring myself to watch the recent rebroadcast of it.

I listened to My Man a couple of days ago as someone suggested it in the comments on Bernie's statement. The tears flowed & I felt the pain in my heart. I left the CD playing, but I went into the kitchen to prepare lunch, so I just heard it as background music. I haven't been able to listen to any of their music or Glenn's solo music since.

Like you, Soda, the things that I have to do each day temporarily distract me, but the smallest thing will remind me of Glenn. In church on Sunday one of the readings mentioned "heaven" & I thought "That is where Glenn is now" & tears welled up in my eyes.

Out on the Border WitchyWoman92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I watched the Tavis Smiley shows tonight with my uncle. I teared up a few times, especially at the end of each episode where it showed a photo of Glenn with 1948-2016 underneath it. Also, beforehand, when Tavis came on and explained the airing, he said that After Hours turned out to be his last record. Watching the shows, you could really see the effects of the RA in his hands. I still can't get over how alive he looked in the past few years, so full of life. Yet through the tears, I laughed alot because Glenn was so funny.

I'm leaving my posters up in Glenn's honor, to celebrate his life and legacy. Yes, they do cause some heartache, but Glenn would've wanted us to remember him. Imo, it tarnishes his memory by temporarily trying to forget about him. I have found myself being reminded of Glenn in many ways over the past few days. Yesterday, at my nana's house, I saw 2 red cardinals on her bird feeder. I've heard that if you see cardinals in your yard, that they're someone from heaven. I'd like to think that those 2 were my dad and Glenn.
    I forgot all about the Tavis Smiley show. I wonder if it will come on again or if I will even be able to handle watching it. I have noticed Glenn is really funny and wondered why I never noticed before. I thought it was hilarious in the documentary when Don Henley was saying, "this isn't a lifetime career" or whatever, and Glenn goes, "It's not?!!"

I am trying my very best to remember Glenn. I definitely agree that it would tarnish his memory if we tried to forget him. To honor him I really want to try and track down one of his solo albums on vinyl or at least one of the 45 rpms and the other Eagles albums on vinyl. My mom has two and I want to get them all. I've got a thing for collecting records. Anyway, not to get too off topic, but I'm hoping I can find his albums one of these days. I'm sure they are either really rare or out of print. One or the other. Awhile back I saw a VHS of a Glenn Frey solo concert on amazon. It was Strange Weather: Live in Dublin. I really wanted to get it only $24.95 seemed like too much for a VHS tape. I have never heard of this concert before so I guess its rare?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by WitchyWoman92 View Post
    I forgot all about the Tavis Smiley show. I wonder if it will come on again or if I will even be able to handle watching it. I have noticed Glenn is really funny and wondered why I never noticed before. I thought it was hilarious in the documentary when Don Henley was saying, "this isn't a lifetime career" or whatever, and Glenn goes, "It's not?!!"

I am trying my very best to remember Glenn. I definitely agree that it would tarnish his memory if we tried to forget him. To honor him I really want to try and track down one of his solo albums on vinyl or at least one of the 45 rpms and the other Eagles albums on vinyl. My mom has two and I want to get them all. I've got a thing for collecting records. Anyway, not to get too off topic, but I'm hoping I can find his albums one of these days. I'm sure they are either really rare or out of print. One or the other. Awhile back I saw a VHS of a Glenn Frey solo concert on amazon. It was Strange Weather: Live in Dublin. I really wanted to get it only $24.95 seemed like too much for a VHS tape. I have never heard of this concert before so I guess its rare?
    I got his first 3 solo albums on vinyl for about $12 total, and 2 solo singles for $6. They're not too hard to find. Strange Weather, his 4th solo album, is fairly common on cd. I think that I paid $7 for my copy. Don't know if it's available on vinyl. I don't have After Hours, his last album, myself.

That concert is very cool. I bought my copy from this site, but this is technically a bootleg as itwas never officially released on dvd.
    https://www.maximumsound.org/Eagles-...DVD_p_930.html

I think that the Tavis Smiley show is available for viewing online. It's well worth a watch.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time