Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

David Bowie got a dedicated limited engagement Sirius channel last week (30, the Loft), well deserved. I really hope they do something for Glenn this week. I want to write in to request it

My first thought was of Cindy and the kids...then I thought...the Eagles are no more...they now live only in my memory and my heart...I'm having a hard time looking at all the tributes on social media...too painful...I start crying...still don't want to believe it's true...

PS...Thanks for the Birthday wishes yesterday...I think I might change my birthdate from now on...lol
    Last edited by zeldabjr; 01-19-2016 at 06:38 PM. Reason: adding to

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    - we will never hear him sing again. There will be no more photos of him.
    Reading this part of your post has made me realize that it definitely is real. . All day I've had the thoughts of "I just dreamed it".

I'm trying to go about my normal life, but it's very hard. Trying to keep my anguish to myself and within myself.

As I said last night, my heart goes out to Glenn's family and friends, and us fans.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

A dear friend sent me the sweetest message: "May he forever soar."
    "a full refund...in dollars and in karma"

I wanted to come stop by with you all. I'm utterly devastated by the news of Glenn's passing. I had a news alert yesterday on my phone and rang my sister straightaway. Then contacted my Mum. Then thought of all the wonderful friends I've made because of Eagles music. I feel bereft. Not least because it's coming up to a year since we lost my Dad who was a major musical influence. In fact the first Eagles show I saw (at Twickenham) was with my parents (though we were all doted about the first four rows depending on whom we wanted to be close to).

Sending my love and condolences to all xx

Beautiful tribute to Glenn from Keith Urban with a short cover of TIE

https://www.facebook.com/keithurban/...nch_main_video

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    My first thought was of Cindy and the kids...then I thought...the Eagles are no more...they now live only in my memory and my heart...I'm having a hard time looking at all the tributes on social media...too painful...I start crying...still don't want to believe it's true...

PS...Thanks for the Birthday wishes yesterday...I think I might change my birthdate from now on...lol
    I know how you feel. Yesterday was my birthday too.

It was interesting to hear the new tour would have been called Pigs Are Gonna Fly and that Randy was going to attend the Kennedy Centre Honors.

ESPN is doing a tribute to Glenn then I am going to re-watch History again.

Out on the Border Pete Blundell's Avatar

This has upset me so much - I have found myself playing one of my favourite solo tracks by Glenn all day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sMIPGHNyNs

Border Troubadour

I'm still numb. I can't believe we'll never hear those amazing harmonies again
    I feel so sorry for you guys who particularly loved Glenn - I know how hard it is cos I feel the same about Don. I keep thinking about him and the other guys but Don was there with Glenn from the start. ..it's devastating.

We need The Border to keep us going - I couldn't get on all day and felt bereft
    Rita Wilson posted a lovely tweet in tribute to Glenn - 'It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you. ' sweet
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

This is so awful, Glenn dead, the Eagles done forever, I can't believe it's happening. I didn't even know he was sick!

So shocked and sad. I don't know what to say except this all feels so wrong.

RIP Glenn.
    ~Sara