Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4EverFan View Post
    You said it brilliantly. I'm in tears again for the 3rd time today.

Agree Eagles4EverFan, at random moments the reality hits again, he's gone and the tears fall. I cannot comprehend what his wife and children must be feeling. He was so brave to be able to perform for so long and be so ill.
    I imagine one day it will all sink in that all we have now is the talented music memories. I just remember him on the HOTE saying: They made a F---ing Cowboy record, and have to smile. I guess that's what we all need to hold onto the great happy,memorable moments he gave to all his fans.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

I sent this message to Felder over facebook and to Henley.

Don I am so sorry and extremely heartbroken over the loss of your bandmate Glenn Frey I am literally crying right now.. (I typed this for Felder) Even though you didn't always get along and no matter the bad blood no matter the arguments. You two will always be brothers( this is what I typed for Henley) I hope you are doing well this sad time but I truly hope that You Bernie, Randy, Felder, Joe and Timothy will unite as one again.(This is the same ending for both of them.) Nothing would make Glenn happier then two see ALL his band mates put aside their differences and pay tribute to their fallen friend I am sure he would have done the same. You 7 guys have brought happiness and Joy to millions of people around the world and to see them to come together with the remaining members to show there love for him would put the biggest smile on his face. Because it wasn't wasted time.

Well baby, there you stand
    With your little head, down in your hand
    Oh, my God, you can't believe it's happening again
    Your baby's gone, and you're all alone
    And it looks like the end.

And you're back out on the street.
    And you're tryin' to remember.
    How do you start it over?
    You don't know if you can.
    You don't care much for a stranger's touch,
    But you can't hold your man.

You never thought you'd be alone this far down the line
    And I know what's been on your mind
    You're afraid it's all been wasted time

The autumn leaves have got you thinking about the first time that you fell
    You didn't love the boy too much, no, no, you just loved the boy too well,
    Farewell
    So you live from day to day, and you dream about tomorrow, oh.
    And the hours go by like minutes and the shadows come to stay
    So you take a little something to make them go away
    And I could have done so many things, baby
    If I could only stop my mind from wonderin' what
    I left behind and from worrying 'bout this wasted time

Oh, another love has come and gone
    Oh, and the years keep rushing on
    I remember what you told me before you went out on your own:
    "Sometimes to keep it together, we got to leave it alone."
    So you can get on with your search, baby, and I can get on with mine
    And maybe someday we will find , that it wasn't really wasted time
    Mm, hm
    Oh hoo, ooh, oh,
    Ooh, ooh, mm

RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016 we miss you.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Hey guys! I haven't been here for a while... heard about Glenn's passing in the radio in the news when I woke up this morning. I missed most of it, just heard they mentioning his name. I immediately knew something happened, jumped out of my bed, grabbed my phone to go online... then saw it was reality Devastating news... I am deeply saddened! I know he had these problems but never saw this coming!
    My heart goes out to his wife and family and to his band mates, I have no words! Facebook is flooded with condolences from musicians and fans. It is an awful sad day for everyone who is a fan of him and the band.
    Gosh, I don't know what to say, really! He will be terribly missed!

Out on the Border

Even when we are apart you'll always be in my heart, when dark clouds appear in the sky remember true love never dies. RIP Glenn

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've been crying off and on all night and now morning. Sleep didn't come last night. I woke up at 3:30 am and found myself looking at the NFA poster on my wall. I busted in tears. My mom keeps telling me that "he's just a singer". To me, he's so much more than that. It's like through his music, he's a part of me.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Yesterday morning, I was out visiting a hospice for community service (our college does that every Martin Luther King day). To the elderly people suffering, we sang hymns about hope and Heaven. Little did I know what when I got home, I would be thinking about Glenn crossing over to the other side.

I was on the couch and I got an alert that my site had crashed, but it was different this time. It hadn't crashed because of my lame server, but because Glenn Frey Online suddenly had literally thousands, then hundreds of thousands, then millions of hits. I was getting on the phone to the webhost when I got a text from Willie - then a flood more. So awful, so awful, but so good to come here and get comfort.

I want to do a tribute for him but I can't even look at photos, videos, can't even listen to the music without crying. It's just so hard.

At work people can see I'm upset but they don't know what to say. I just carry on, like he always did.

I barely slept last night, just crying. I haven't eaten. I know I need to but I feel like I lost a family member. I'm not dealing with this very well, I'm afraid, but again reading all this helps.

I never said this on the board but in mid-December, I had a very intense dream where Glenn was in a lot of pain but was telling me it would be alright. Debbie (Houston Baby) had a dream the same night, although it was a lot more positive. At the time, we talked about it and thought it was just a manifestation of our concern for him but now, hearing that he has been in a coma, I wonder if God was trying to prepare us. Perhaps that's silly but I wonder.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I'm in absolute shock. I guess none of us knew how sick he really was. My condolences to his family and friends. This is devastating.

i couldnt bring myself to post on here until this morning
    i cannot believe that glenn is gone. it seems so surreal. glenn was my childhood and although i was never able to see him live i still felt the magic everytime i heard one of his songs. i just cant express my sorrow at this moment. at least he doesn't have to suffer any longer.
    i miss you buddy <3
    rip glenn lewis frey
    november 6, 1948
    -
    january 18, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yesterday morning, I was out visiting a hospice for community service (our college does that every Martin Luther King day). To the elderly people suffering, we sang hymns about hope and Heaven. Little did I know what when I got home, I would be thinking about Glenn crossing over to the other side.

I was on the couch and I got an alert that my site had crashed, but it was different this time. It hadn't crashed because of my lame server, but because Glenn Frey Online suddenly had literally hundreds of thousands, then millions of hits. I was getting on the phone to the webhost when I got a text from Willie - then a flood more. So awful, so awful, but so good to come here and get comfort.

I want to do a tribute for him but I can't even look at photos, videos, can't even listen to the music without crying. It's just so hard.

At work people can see I'm upset but they don't know what to say. I just carry on, like he always did.

I barely slept last night, just crying. I haven't eaten. I know I need to but I feel like I lost a family member. I'm not dealing with this very well, I'm afraid, but again reading all this helps.

I never said this on the board but in mid-December, I had a very intense dream where Glenn was in a lot of pain but was telling me it would be alright. Debbie (Houston Baby) had a dream the same night, although it was a lot more positive. At the time, we talked about it and thought it was just a manifestation of our concern for him but now, hearing that he has been in a coma, I wonder if God was trying to prepare us. Perhaps that's silly but I wonder.

Soda, you have enabled a community of people full of grace to express their love and admiration over the years; and now, their anguish in loss, again together to comfort one another through the pain.

We are thinking of you so strongly today, and through our tears, holding up you and all of the rest of us for strength.

You don't have to be in the presence of someone to make them family: shared love does this for us. God bless us all in this very difficult time. I'm so proud to dwell here amongst you, our fine Eagles family.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Sunday night I was watching the Eagles Farewell Tour video from NZ. As many times as I have watched that video I never saw the ending where Glenn, Joe & Don had little snippets included. When Glenn jokes & said " We're going to do this forever...it's going to be called Reincarnation I". I will tell you I got chills hearing that, never would have thought this would have happened the very next day. Heartbroken can't even describe it. I am so happy I spent the money to see them in July.

I read where he never had the surgery, that he had been in the hospital since Oct 27th with pneumonia.

Just so very very sad.

RIP dear Glenn.