Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

Default Re: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Finally, someone with some taste in their choices!! You know I'd love any of those!!! What can I say? I just think each and every one of those are just fun!!

PM--- Did anyone answer your question about Get You In The Mood? If so, I'm sorry to repeat. It was never on an album but is the flip side of the 45 of Take It Easy.
    Thanks TBF and SS!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    As has been posted all over this board in various threads that deal with the topic, Glenn's problem wasn't just the 'perceived' slight. As both he and Henley said in a couple of interviews (separately) in the early 80's, it was a slow build-up of numerous things. The 'I guess' at Cranston was the straw that broke the camel's back (which was stated also by Irving in the documentary). Since then, except for the short bit in the documentary, neither Glenn nor Don have really spoken of it, preferring to take the high road and not parade their dirty laundry out in the way so many bands have done before and since. Glenn has his faults and he has admitted to having been a volatile guy, but even high as a kite and drunk as a skunk, he wouldn't issue those kinds of statements out of nowhere for a slight like that.

As for the performance itself, the Eagles (all of them, present members and former) are consummate professionals and do not allow such things to affect a performance to a degree that fans would notice.

It wouldn't surprise to find their definition of 'never performed live before' is different than ours. Maybe we are taking it too literally? Maybe they mean songs that haven't been part of a setlist for more than a show or two for actual concerts?
    I have no reason to believe that any of the songs in this list were ever performed live. Certainly the LROOE songs weren't.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Can you imagine a live version of What Do I Do With My Heart? Don and Glenn up front, sharing the song, so passionate and tender... Siiiiiiiigh.
    The only problem with that is that Don doesn't have much to do excpet harmonies for most of the song until he comes in near the end. I would love it but it would be awkward. I suppose he could play acoustic. I have visions of Glenn just SINGING. I have been spoiled in that area. He has never sung without an instrument with the Eagles.

I don't think it would be too weird to having him standing there beside Glenn, possibly in shadow for Glenn's solo parts... I think it would be so beautiful, especially when it builds to them singing together/over each other. I agree that I imagine them just standing there singing this song. The song doesn't need anything else performance-wise.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I listened to the song four times since I posted earlier, so I'm a happy camper at the moment!

FP, re the list, I agree that our list is correct, I'm saying their list might be longer. Things we've knocked off our list might still be on theirs if it wasn't played in an actual concert atmosphere more than once or something. Who knows? I'm just wondering if our list matches theirs.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

It also occurred to me that Glenn's idea of performing songs by their influences, as he did with On The Way Home, could still happen.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I thought of that, too, FP, but the snippet from Glenn's website that I'm about to post in the HOTE tour thread is worded such that I have to believe it's their songs and not others'.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I don't want to see them perform songs by their influences - not on this tour. If they want to put out a cd someday, okay. I probably wouldn't buy it, though.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I don't want to see them perform songs by their influences - not on this tour. If they want to put out a cd someday, okay. I probably wouldn't buy it, though.
    Fair enough, but Glenn's version of On The Way Home absolutely rocks.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I'm in total agreement with you here other than the fact I probably would buy it on cd.
    He sings it high, he plays it low