Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ABM - I knew what you were trying to do here, but there are some people who take things very literally.
    It went over my head, and I don't consider myself one who is inclined to "take things very literally" when it's not called for. I do, however, remember that ABM had written a rather scathing post about Don Henley in the past and therefore I had no reason to believe her statement was meant to be representative of others' distorted opinions rather than her own. I stand corrected.

ABM, I also like your representation of Stevie. I think you may be someone that "gets it." Welcome to the club!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Thanks dreamer, I'm glad the Stevie descriptor didn't lend itself to dark interpretations.

Why thank you, soda, proud to be a member! A year or two late to the party but, hey, who's counting?

I suppose my Don post was rather scathing... I only criticize things I like, though, rather than scurring about lambasting things I dislike. Horrible practice, but if something genuinely interests me, it's worth my time and I enjoy examining its intricacies, even the potentially undesirable portions; otherwise, I brush past it in a straighforward, blithely accepting manner and proceed as quickly as possible to something worth my effort and attention. My compliments, like my humor, tend to wither beneath the perceptions thereof. However, in retrospect it was completely uncalled for, and I should have posted it on my blog instead. Anyway. Back on topic.

I find it very hard to believe you blithely accept things you don't like, ABM.... but perhaps I am taking you too literally.

I do think it makes sense that demographics could very well affect crowd response in the sense that the Stevie hardcore fans tend to be a bit younger for some reason, and consist almost entirely of women and gay men. Most of Don's hardcores are women too - at least from my experience - but they are a bit older (not OLD, mind you, just a bit older than the majority of Stevie hardcores! Stevie Nicks hardcores usually range from about 18-35.) While men may not make up the majority of Don hardcores, there are certainly more of them than are in the Stevie hardcore fandom.

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I find it very hard to believe you blithely accept things you don't like, ABM.... but perhaps I am taking you too literally.
    Drat! You caught me!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Stevie hardcore fans tend to be a bit younger for some reason, and consist almost entirely of women and gay men.
    Ah-hah! Insight! The precise token of knowledge I sought. That audience contrasted with Don's would react in a markedly different fashion. I knew there had to be something, because I consider him (*cough*contrary to popular belief*cough*) a rather exemplary artist and couldn't discern a surface discrepancy to rationalize the observed behavior. A logical answer... I feel much better now. Thank you!

Glad you feel better, but thinking about it more, I realized that since hardcores only make up a small percentage of the audience, their demographc may not explain audience response entirely... unless, of course, you argue our excitement is contagious. I will say that when I go to a Stevie Nicks concert, I do see straight men getting into it... but they've come with their girlfriends. Perhaps it is similar to the hardcore demographic in that sense.

Tim isn't the only one who's jammed with Kid Rock!

Stevie Nicks doing Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" with Kid Rock

Stuck on the Border

I would never have expected that, ever. She isn't really right for the song. Anway Stevie, see you on the 7th!

Stevie's going to be performing on the Grammys this Sunday! Looks like I'll be watching it after all!

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmu...rammys-2010271

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great!

Maybe she'll be on early, before I go to sleep!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just saw Stevie perform with Taylor Swift, and oh my gosh, Taylor blew it. Sorry to say it but it's true. I love that Stevie was there anyway. Her awesomeness did salvage it.