Page 95 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Default Re: How's the weather?

Here in Texas we are headed to triple digits this week and its only May. Don't know what we are going to do come July and August.

And fields are no longer a pretty flowing green, they are now dull ugly brown.

Ugh! We're in the same boat here, unfortunately. Some forecasters have lowered the weekend temps slightly. I hope they're right! All this heat has really got snakes moving! Last week a large chicken snake was in the shed under the mower. This morning I was raking pine straw and uncovered a copperhead! Fortunately, it was small and I got it with a shovel. But where are mom and dad?..........
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Ugh! We're in the same boat here, unfortunately. Some forecasters have lowered the weekend temps slightly. I hope they're right! All this heat has really got snakes moving! Last week a large chicken snake was in the shed under the mower. This morning I was raking pine straw and uncovered a copperhead! Fortunately, it was small and I got it with a shovel. But where are mom and dad?..........
    Yikes, FF... watch out, that's scary, don't they normally travel in pairs or is it three's, I don't remember?? Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    All this heat has really got snakes moving! Last week a large chicken snake was in the shed under the mower. This morning I was raking pine straw and uncovered a copperhead! Fortunately, it was small and I got it with a shovel. But where are mom and dad?..........
    Uh, no thank you. I am finally to the point where I can see the harmless little garter snakes around here without panicking. (And I have to tell myself: It's just a little garter snake, it's harmless, it's probably more afraid of you than you are of it. Probably. Maybe. Eh.)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Here in Texas we are headed to triple digits this week and its only May. Don't know what we are going to do come July and August.

And fields are no longer a pretty flowing green, they are now dull ugly brown.

Wow - So sorry to hear that ETG. That is too hot for me. Supposed to rain this weekend. Right now it is around 80 and humid. We have been getting a lot of rain - it has rained almost every weekend lately.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow - So sorry to hear that ETG. That is too hot for me. Supposed to rain this weekend. Right now it is around 80 and humid. We have been getting a lot of rain - it has rained almost every weekend lately.
    Thanks, NKIT. We have the humidity here as well, so it makes it feel even hotter...Ugh. Don't you hate it when it rains on the weekends and spoils all of your plans outside.

Banned

Cool Re: How's the weather?

High today in Flagstaff.

High today in Flagstaff was 78. Low tonight supposed to be 43.

Stuck on the Border

It's a beautiful day. Sunny, warm but not hot. Everything is green, there's a gentle breeze through the trees and the birds are tweeting . It's the kind of day where you wouldn't want to live anywhere else - Blake's "green and pleasant land", indeed.

Stuck on the Border

Well, today was 100 degrees and that does not include the heat index. It is supposed to be in the 90's all week. I saw on the news it is brutally hot in over half the country. Thank God for AC.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We are doing great for Ireland. Wall to wall sunshine the last 2 weeks with at least another week to go, and for us THE HEAT IS ON TOO! Temperatures in the mid 80s are very unusual here. But so is aircon in private homes so it’s icecream and iced water.
    Pros - beautiful sunsets and sunrises.
    Cons - hosepipe ban
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP