Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Deacon is about 23 years old or so. He's an adult and can make his own decisions.

I've seen Neil Finn touring with his 15 year old son. Nobody expected him to be fully professional. It was a really nice thing to see him there on stage. That was 15 years ago, and Neil Finn still tours with his family.

The remaining Eagles are also adults and can make their own decisions. I don't think it's right or reasonable for us random people around the world to think we have the right to tell other adults what they should or shouldn't do in a situation like this.

Who was that? And were they being serious or were they stirring the pot?
    Deacon turned 24 a few days ago (April 17).

Thumbs up Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Nobody has yet said what a tremendous burden this will be on Deacon if it is indeed him who is in this lineup (also remember it's two people, not one). From now on he will be compared with his father, mostly (I would have thought) in a negative way. If he wanted to be a musician he should have started small. Joining his father's old band doesn't seem the right way for him to make his own name.
    I believe this is a valid concern. Already this seems to be happening. The comparisons are inevitable and no doubt Deacon is aware of that. He has family and friends in the music industry who are probably advising him about the unique position he is in.

I do agree with UtW though that most people will be generous and not expect him to be a clone of his father. I'm sure there are a lot of young aspiring musicians who would to love to have the opportunity to perform with Joe and at the Classic concerts so why would he be any different? There's the also the possibility he wants to honor his father's legacy and this is a way of doing it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

If it turns out to be Deacon as one of the two new additions to the bands' lineup no one should be surprised. Run the big screen video. Cue the spotlight. Pass the tissue box. Showtime!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    If it turns out to be Deacon as one of the two new additions to the bands' lineup no one should be surprised. Run the big screen video. Cue the spotlight. Pass the tissue box. Showtime!
    You seem to be trying to make it sound a bad thing if Deacon participates in a tribute to his father.

You seem to be trying to make it sound a bad thing if Deacon participates in a tribute to his father.
    Last I checked this was not a Glenn Frey tribute concert.

It doesn't have to be billed as a "Glenn Frey Tribute Concert" in order for the performers to pay tribute to him. Other artists have paid tribute to Glenn at their shows without billing it as such. I don't believe there's been enough information given about this summer's shows to rule out any kind of tribute.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It doesn't have to be billed as a "Glenn Frey Tribute Concert" in order for the performers to pay tribute to him. Other artists have paid tribute to Glenn at their shows without billing it as such. I don't believe there's been enough information given about this summer's shows to rule out any kind of tribute.
    Agreed. I can't believe that there won't be a tribute to Glenn at the shows.

Stuck on the Border

If Deacon is one of the two performers for East/West, I would guess that this has been discussed by Cindy with her son and the other guys. If he plays the two shows does not mean he will be doing anything else with them. I know he had been going to Production School in LA so, who knows what will happen.
    Makes me wonder if Don's musings last year about the only way they would perform together would be with Deacon was a slip of the tongue. This whole thing was obviously planned quite a while ago.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The entire concert should have been a tribute & billed as such. Otherwise it won't have the same meaning.

Stuck on the Border

Deacon is about 23 years old or so. He's an adult and can make his own decisions.

I've seen Neil Finn touring with his 15 year old son. Nobody expected him to be fully professional. It was a really nice thing to see him there on stage. That was 15 years ago, and Neil Finn still tours with his family.

The remaining Eagles are also adults and can make their own decisions. I don't think it's right or reasonable for us random people around the world to think we have the right to tell other adults what they should or shouldn't do in a situation like this.

Who was that? And were they being serious or were they stirring the pot?
    No, we don't have the right to tell them what they should or shouldn't do. We do have the right to discuss & disagree with what they do, or this message board is pointless. What you appear to be saying is you agree with the Remnants continuing, and those who don't agree should be silent.

I saw Liam Finn too. Slight difference...Neil is still alive.