Saw on Eagles.com this morning, 4 dates listed
    Oct 17, Greensboro
    Oct 20, Atlanta
    Oct 24, Louisville
    Oct 27, Detroit

I wonder if we'll see dates added???

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

We've been talking about it a bit in the 3.0 thread but I totally think there will be more dates added just not till the sometime in the New Year as they usually take the holidays off.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

They probably going to have more dates next year. Both Timothy and Vince have shows in November and December.

I'm going to wait until next year and see if they will come to New Orleans or Memphis. I can't make Atlanta. Too bad my cousin moved back home to Mississippi last year. I would had stayed with her.

I'm praying for success with these dates because I hate the negativity after these dates came up.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-14-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado

I'm really hoping for Knoxville next year. They have hit Knoxville fairly frequently in the past. I have seen them twice there.
    I had hoped to maybe do Atlanta or Louisville, but that's a long drive, and these dates fall very close to my family's vacation and a Casting Crowns Concert...so I'll cross my fingers and wait.

They probably will do a Texas date next year since that's Don's territory.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I want them to come to Connecticut

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I think that not even Eagles know what they'll do next. It looks as if they are taking things step by step. I guess that they'll add shows depending on how the currently scheduled shows go, and whether or not it feels right to them.

"An Evening With the Eagles" is a low key title for the mini-tour series. Compared to, e.g., 'Hell Freezes Over' or "History of the Eagles', it's fairly low key. It looks like a progression from being one band among quite a few, to one band among two, to these solo shows.

Border Desperado

I'd say a lot of this has to do with image, and the band's legacy (I know, some are saying that this lineup does damage to that), but I think it's smart only announcing a few shows. If these 4 shows sell very well, (meaning mostly sellouts) I think they'll add a few more. Maybe if they all sell out very fast, you'll see a large scale announcement with 15 or 20 dates. If the sales are sluggish, and not much buzz, they may just do a show here and there, and quietly call it quits. Nothing at this point would be worse for the band than to announce a 30 city arena tour, and then end up with shows that are half full.

Stuck on the Border

Bill, I agree with you. It's very common for an act to announce one show at a venue but leave room to add a second or third if it sells well. When Eagles played in the UK in 2014, there was a break of about a week in the middle and my guess is that they allowed for additional shows in London if there was sufficient demand.

It's not just reputation, although I'm sure having a sold-out show is good for that. It's the basic economics of supply and demand. If supply exceeds demand, either the tickets don't sell or they have to reduce ticket price to a level where they sell. At some point, they lose money. And obviously, it costs more to put on two half-full shows than one full one.

The other variable is venue size. I have no doubt they could sell out any number of 3,000 seater venues but 20,000 is more of a challenge. If they went for smaller venues, they'd have to reduce costs.

I'll be interesdted to see if there are fewer backing musicians for the mini-tour than for the "Classic" shows.

Thank you everybody for being positive in this thread. I get so tired of hearing the same ole same ole. Thank you.

I myself really hope this is a successful mini tour. SO many people want them to fail and laugh in their face when they do fail and its sad. I think they will sell out. I'm really not surprised they added more dates. Joe and Don said they will probably do more dates even if this is just 4 dates. Plus they didn't say if it was this year or next year. They said they will do more. So I don't know why it was a surprised to some. These dates will add up to 7 for the year.

I don't think their will be more dates for the rest of the year. Both Timothy and Vince have dates in November and December. I see more coming next year.

Like I said earlier. I can't go to Atlanta, but I'm hoping they will come to either Memphis or New Orleans (they are only 3 hours away from me) next year because I know their will be more dates next year.