Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crosby Stills & Nash

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Crosby Stills & Nash

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I saw Graham Nash interviewed by Charlie Ross(a 60 minutes like newsman) last year and Graham said he had been unhappy in his marriage for a very long time. He did not say how long or if they were separated. However, he did say once he met the new gf, who is at least 35 years younger than him, they he decided to get a divorce. He stated he had been unhappy for too long and needed to make changes. He picked up and moved to NYC, where the gf lives. He looked great in the interview and seemed like a nice guy.

PS - I had forgotten about Neil Young. Wonder what caused that break up?
    Perhaps this song from the Storytone album offers a clue on the way Neil saw it:

"Like You Used To Do"

Some day you’ll want me
    Some day we’ll get back there
    Some day you’ll see me, like you used to do

I got my problems
    But they mostly show up with you
    Some day you’ll see me, like you used to do

I couldn’t satisfy you
    Just couldn’t show you my love
    But I kept on trying
    Yeah, I tried and I tried
    And as the time went by
    You just didn’t want it no more

Yeah, some day you’ll want me
    Some day you’re gonna get back there
    Some day you’re gonna need me, like you used to do

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Not sure, Chaim, but Pegi sounded pretty shocked about Neil filing for divorce after 36 years:
    That life was shattered with the news that Young had taken up with a new girlfriend, actress and activist Daryl Hannah, which led to the Youngs' under-the-radar marriage becoming tabloid fodder. "It was tough on all of us, for my kids and me," Pegi says. "Everybody knew what was going on in my family. So we were as ready as we could be for all that. But it was just kind of awful to have it be all over, everywhere. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...new-lp-w450733

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Maybe he wanted to be with Daryl Hannah. I don't blame him, but every time I see a pic of them together I think, "Daryl, why??" She was with very handsome guys before, like Jackson Browne and JFK Jr.
    Yes, I am shallow.
    Well, we all know how the relationship with Jackson ended. JFK, Jr. - that ended when he met his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    For the love of Mike, I need to get out more. I had no idea, until someone told me today, that Stephen Stills and Judy Collins recorded an album together and are on tour. The tour is almost over. [sigh] http://www.stephenstills.com/news/06.20.17.html
    Really, I thought his voice was shot??

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Really, I thought his voice was shot??
    He definitely has issues, but the album is really quite a nice surprise although I'm sure liberal use of auto-tune was used. I've seen some live clips of the two together and they were not like the studio recordings.

Stuck on the Border

SS - Wow, I did not know Stephen had pretty much lost his voice. But, I have not heard him sing anything recently either. How is Judy Collins voice ?
    Just wondering.........

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    SS - Wow, I did not know Stephen had pretty much lost his voice. But, I have not heard him sing anything recently either. How is Judy Collins voice ?
    Just wondering.........
    Judy pretty much sounds like she always has. Her voice has lost a bit of its elasticity, but she does a remake of "Who Knows Where The Time Goes" with Stills (she sings this alone) and you'd think this was back in the late 60s. It actually brought tears to my eyes...just beautiful.

Stuck on the Border

Thank You SS, I always loved Judy's voice and Joan B's too. It's nice to hear she has not lost too much considering she is in her 70's now.