Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

As I told Nancy in a text last night, I finally saw what it is that she adores about Stevie! Don't get me wrong, I've always liked her but in a take it or leave it kind of way. I fell for her a bit last night. Even though she didn't get much time on stage, she absolutely captivated me! I can't even give you a particular reason why! lol I had goosebumps when she walked out on stage. Halfway through their performance my sister, who wouldn't know who Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac are if they held up a sign in front of her, said "Taylor's a sweetheart but vocally she's just not in the same league as that other lady."

I adore Taylor Swift's attitude and personality and she is a fantastic songwriter, especially at her young age. That being said, she rarely sounds good singing live. She sounds great on her albums but, with the exception of a couple of performances, I've never heard her sound great on a live performance. It looked to me like Stevie enjoyed herself though. She was standing back from the mic, singing along even when it wasn't her part to sing. I read several online interviews/articles with Taylor where she was freaking out that she was going to get to sing with Stevie. Brooke White said on Twitter that she was jealous because that was her dream.

From the Grammy's -

Wonder who's hand she's holding!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm getting in late on this, (computer troubles today ), but I thought Taylor sounded awful, too. And yeah, who's idea was that pairing anyway.

Stevie sounded and looked fantastic!

I like Taylor, but she shouldn't have been on the same stage with Stevie!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I don't think She sounded as bad as people are making it out to be.

How many grammys did Swift win Sunday night? A Bunch. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of hers...not the way I am with Stevie. And objectively, there is no doubt that Taylor doesn't have the instrument that Stevie has and she really hasn't learned to use what she has to reach her potential as a vocalist.

I think people like the openness about Swift along with her remarkable ability to come up with lyrics that are popular today and her youthfull exuberance. Sort of a breath of fresh air.

But when it comes to getting down and moving you, she has a long way to go before she can be assumed to be in the same ballgame as Stevie Nicks. But then, there are few vocalists today (or yesterday) who are up there with Stevie.

To her credit, Taylor did try to get in there and mix it up with Stevie. Maybe she shouldn't have. Could be that if they had paired her up with one of the country singers, people would have been lauding her praises. Who knows.

Oh well, regardless of the performance Last Night, she is the one who took home the gold.

MikeA

What a pleasant surprise last night. I tuned in to see if TimmyB would show up and found out that my girl Stevie was going to duet with TaylorS. I was so happy. Our girl looked great and Waddy looked fan-tas-tic too. But that being said what about PINK? That lady knows how to WOW a crowd. A-ma-zing!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

I am always glad to see Stevie anytime, but I must agree with the majority here--the combination of her voice with Taylor's just didn't work. Stevie, of course, was gracious and beautiful as always.

I'm sorry to say I wasn't able to tune in on Sunday, so I have the show on DVR. I fell asleep halfway through Monday night (hey, at least I'm honest here!), but I did make it past Pink's performance, plus a few others... and she was pretty incredible! I guess her concert experiences must be a sight to behold, huh? Anyone ever see her in concert to confirm?

I think the last performance I saw was either the Black Eyed Peas or the rappers (Jamie Foxx et al), so I'm not sure where that puts me in the lineup to see Taylor and Stevie. I can't wait, given all the build-up...or let-down, as the case may be.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Here's a pix I found on Grammy.com

Stevie looks the same age as Taylor-not bad for almost 62 years.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Darn, I got here too late. They've taken the video down!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.