Page 18 of 125 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Have a wonderful time at the concert! You'll have to tell us all about it and your previos meeting with him! how exciting!

Peek, unfortunately I didn't get a pic of me with Jackson the time I met him VERY briefly-lol! Here's how it all went down:
    It was a freezing night in April 2008, when hubby and I went to see Jackson in a solo acoustic concert in Connecticut. After the show, we decided to wait with a small group of fans, in hopes of saying hi to Jackson or maybe getting a pic or autograph. Since I didn't expect it to be so freezing cold, I was not dressed for the occasion-no hat, no gloves, and it was the kind of weather you would wish you did have both!
    Our little group waited patiently for about an hour, and then, we were rewarded when Jackson came out of the building and headed straight over to where we were standing!! He very politely chatted with fans, signed autographs, and was his warm, friendly self. I was in such a state of shock, and nearly frozen too, that all I could do was stick out my hand and say, "Hi Jackson!" He shook my hand politely and exclaimed, "Your hand is freezing!!" I was in such a state of shock I could only gape at him. After it was over and Jackson got on his bus, I ran over to hubby and cried out, "Did you get a picture of me shaking Jackson's hand"? Hubby looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Oh, did you shake his hand?" He hadn't even noticed!
    So that was my meeting with Jackson! I was so overwhelmed, I forgot to even ask him to sign an album insert I had brought along! Still, I am so grateful to have met him, no matter how brief the meeting, and even though I was a frozen fool!

Now that is a dedicated fan! Great story Stars!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh my gosh, Stars! I'm sure you were kicking yourself forever after that! Great story!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hey, sometimes, our memory is all we have as a souvenir...thank goodness for at least that!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I went to see Jackson in an acoustic, solo concert last night, and what a night it was! Jackson put on an absolutely fantastic show, singing for two hours, when it was obvious he was having throat problems. I love these acoustic shows, because he talks so much to the audience, and also does requests. I thought of all of you when someone called out for "Take it Easy". He said, "Does everyone want to hear "Take it Easy"?" And of course we all yelled "YEAH!!" He played a superb version, with everyone singing along!
    Someone also called out for "Freebird", and surprisingly Jackson did it, and it sounded great on acoustic guitar. Someone also wandered out on stage and played electric along with him-maybe his guitar tech? He just played with him on "Freebird"-it was awesome!
    He also did two Warren Zevon songs, which sounded fantastic, and "I Am A Patriot" by Steven Van Zandt.
    He played my two favorite songs by him, "Barricades of Heaven" and "Sky Blue and Black", and I was in heaven at this point!!
    Hubby and I were sitting a bit too far away to take pics, so we just laid back and enjoyed the show! I cannot wait to see Jackson again in an acoustic setting. It is very intimate, and even Jackson said he comes on with no set list, just lets the evening unfold- a perfect concert, in my opinion!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks Stars - sounds like a wonderful evening. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. I sooooo wish Jackson would come over to "my neck of the woods" as they say so I could go see him.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    It is very intimate, and even Jackson said he comes on with no set list, just lets the evening unfold- a perfect concert, in my opinion!
    Wow, wouldn't that be cool?!

I'd love to see him, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Have I mentioned that I'd like to see Jackson Browne?

Sounds like a terrific show Stars.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

No set list... wow!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten