Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

You will leave that arena starry-eyed and completely in love, I guarantee it! Have a blast, Jess

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    You will leave that arena starry-eyed and completely in love, I guarantee it! Have a blast, Jess
    That's what i'm counting on. And this is the same stage that I first saw Don perform on 2 years ago so it's gonna make for an extra special night.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Oh Man!!!! I was freaking out when I got to work last night and found out that I've been scheduled to work this friday night....the night of my very first Jackson Browne concert. AAAAHHHH!!! This is literally how I felt. I'm usually off on friday nights so i didn't bother to request off for that night but thankfully i've got an awesome boss and he worked it out with me. I am NOT gonna be missing this concert .
    ~Jess~

Your boss sounds great Peek. It's totally understandable that you would assume you have Friday off if you're never scheduled for Fridays!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Your boss sounds great Peek. It's totally understandable that you would assume you have Friday off if you're never scheduled for Fridays!

Yeah, my boss was totally cool about changing my schedule around for next week because he knows that i'm reliable. I've never been late, never called in, I stay late when they ask me too, and i've worked on my days off when they've called me in. So, since i've helped him out when they've needed more dealers, he helped me out when I needed that night off. I'm sooo thankful that he did that because I would've been so bummed out if I had to miss this concert.
    ~Jess~

Peek, so glad your boss was understanding about you changing your schedule!
    You will LOVE seeing JB in concert, I guarantee! I have seen him several times on this Time the Conqueror tour, and the last one I saw, at the beginning of August, was the absolute BEST! You will have a blast!

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Peek I'm glad it worked out for you! And on a more selfish note, will you give us a review or at least a set list so we can live vicariously?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    Peek I'm glad it worked out for you! And on a more selfish note, will you give us a review or at least a set list so we can live vicariously?
    I usually try to take a lot of pics but i'm not exactly sure where our seats will be. I think we'll be in the 10th row or so but I could be wrong about that. Wherever we'll be seated, I'll still be taking pics. Hopefully they'll turn out good enough to share with you all. I'm going with a good friend of mine and her mother. My friends mom has been a huge JB fan for years and this is going to be her birthday present. Like I mentioned in the another thread, i'll be out of town but I should be able to get online at some point this weekend. I'll get back here to share the details with you all as soon as i can.
    ~Jess~

First of all, it was a hot and muggy August evening and even though we were all shoulder to shoulder at our seats we all still had a wonderful time. I knew that we were somewhere around the 10th row but i was thinking that we were in the 10th row after the vip seats but i was wrong. When we got there we were handed our 10th row tickets along with a vip pass. Sadly, that pass didn't allow us backstage. We had a really good view of J.B. on stage as well as a good view of the big screen just to the left of us.

I gotta say that every minute of this concert was fantastic. This concert by far exceeded my expectations. I was thinking that it would be a very intimate and mostly acoustic type of concert but i was surprised by how much Jackson and his band rocked out. I must admit to not knowing all of his songs but I'm darn sure gonna be buying more of his cds. I look forward to learning more of his songs especially his newest album Time The Conqueror. I was surprised that he played for a little over 2 and a half hours. His backup band was spot on and his two backup singers were amazing. Everytime those girls sang they got the crowd going just as much as Jackson did. They had such beautiful and soulful voices. Jackson definitely gives these girls as well as the rest of his band a chance to shine during his shows. I was so happy that he did Take It Easy. I was already very much enjoying myself and to hear him sing that was just icing on the cake. Jackson commented that he hadn't sung TIE in many years and that when he would sing it people would always think he was singing an Eagles cover. He does mention that he wrote it with Glenn Frey and he also adds that it has taken him till now to figure out how to play the song. I was able to get this song and a couple of others on video but I used my mom's camera to do video and I can't find the cord to hook it up to the computor. I've looked everywhere in my apartment and i've got my mom on the look out for it at her house but who knows where it's at. Hopefully it'll be found soon and i'll be able to upload the videos to share with you all.

During the encore he did I Am A Patriot, The Load Out, and Stay. All 3 songs were fabulous. I loved how he got the audience to sing along with him during Stay. Just like we do with the Eagles, I expected JB to sing Load Out and Stay. I looked at it as those being his Desperado. It's what the audience expects to hear and loves to sing along to.

I've always had my favorite JB songs and I was very happy that he sang most of them but i walked out of that concert an even bigger JB fan. There are more songs of his that I only "just liked" before and now they are among my favorites. For instance, Jamaica Say You Will and especially I Am A Patriot are a few of my new faves of his.

Here's a list of the songs that I remember him singing. They are by no means in the order he sang them. There were more songs but I can't remember them all.

Boulevard
    Fountain of Sorrow
    Off of Wonderland
    In The Shape Of A Heart
    The Naked Ride Home
    Take It Easy
    Time The Conqueror
    Going Down To Cuba
    Pretender
    Doctor My Eyes
    Running On Empty
    Jamaica Say You Will