Page 108 of 125 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1250

Thread: Jackson Browne

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Jackson Browne

some pics I shot from the Troubadours doc

he was so adorable

If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

He sure was, T&H!

Great pics, too! Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Last night we witnessed history in the making, when two of Jackson Browne's Sunny Hills High School musician buddies, Steve Noonan and Greg Copeland, joined him on stage at the La Mirada Theater here in rain drenched SoCal.

We learned quite a lot last night about Jackson's early pre-fame Orange county years, but more importantly, we learned that Jackson (also known as Jackie according to Noonan) whose mother came to La Mirada to shop at Orbachs, is a generous and true-blue-friend, to have in your corner.

Jackson essentially gave the entire concert over to Noonan and Copeland and only played a handful of his own hits, including a re-vamped rendition of "Running on Empty" that featured new lyrics, none of which I understood, despite standing less than ten feet away from him at the time. It is my educated guess that he updated the song to reflect his deeply personal response to, as Jackson put it himself in "Barricades of Heaven"

"Childhood comes for me at night
    Voices of my friends
    Your face bathing me in light
    Hope that never ends..."

I also learned that I had been totally wrong about what he meant by the line "Life became the Paradox, the Bear, the Rouge et Noir" from that very same song-my all time Jackson Browne favorite - a song he said was about and for all singer-song-writers; a fact not lost on this singer songwriter who came of age in the sixties too and who is still, just "trying to hear my own song."

Turns out the Paradox was a club where he and his buddies used to play "on that stretch of road running to LA." Jackson even gave a shout out to one of the club's original owners who, along with Russ Kunkle (who sat right beside me-well three seats over I can not lie) and quite a few other pre-fame friends and supporters some famous some not, were part of the sold out crowd.

Bravo Jackson for not forgetting your friends and allowing your fans, new and old, to also "bath in the light.. hope that never ends." Memories were made last night and those moments will not be forgotten.

Carol-Lynn

CL, sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing that!

Sounds like it was great! Thanks for the review!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thank you CL for the wonderful review! I love JB! I enjoyed your observations & these little tidbits of info. Jackson seems to be a genuine humble very caring man.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Jackson seems to be a genuine humble very caring man.
    Exactly totally dispelling the rumors that ran rampant after his split from Daryl Hannah. Never believed them then and certainly don't now. I've always believed she played the damsel in distress to hook John John Kennedy. In the end she lost both of them.

Took lots of pixs and will eventually post them to Photobucket. Finally got a new digital camera for xmas but the only thing is the video clips are short-have no idea why. I'll have to actually read the manual I guess. But you will be able to see at least a few minutes of the touching interaction between "Jackie" and his two buddies.

Another tid-bit from the banter that flowed back and forth between Jackson and Steve Noonan. Jackson was a couple years younger than the other two.

So glad "The Deluge," which is still upon us, is didn't start until early Friday morning. Freeway driving here in SoCal is no picnic when the roads are dry and when they are wet-even prayer won't necessarily protect you.

Carol-Lynn

Sounds like you had after time CL. And so close! He seems like such a nice guy. Love him.

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Exactly totally dispelling the rumors that ran rampant after his split from Daryl Hannah. Never believed them then and certainly don't now. I've always believed she played the damsel in distress to hook John John Kennedy. In the end she lost both of them.
    Good to hear, cl. I've always wondered about that and found it hard to believe.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default jackson brown acoustic tour 2014

I get updATES from the guacamole fund

they have special event tickets (MORE money but it goes to charity) or sometimes pre or post concert meet and greets. what you pay above ticket price is tax deductible.
    Anyway tickets go on sale through them at 1000am tomorrow .
    They have the whole schedule posted there.