Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles

Default Re: The Beatles

FP pretty much said it for me - it's too experimental for my tastes. My favorite off of it would be "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" with Blackbird as a close second but otherwise it's just not my thing. I actually prefer Revolver but Abbey Road and Sgt Pepper are still my faves. Even Magical Mystery Tour.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Maybe White Album is not as coherent as one would expect, nevertheless it definitely shows all the directions the Beatles were investigating musically at that time. That's why it's so interesting for me. There are also great tunes on it, here are my favorites (I don't number them on purpose, just follow the order from the album):

*Glass Onion
    *The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill"
    *While my Guitar Gently Weeps
    *Happiness Is a Warm Gun
    *Martha My Dear
    *I'm So Tired
    *Blackbird
    *I Will
    *Sexy Sadie
    *Helter Skelter
    *Long Long Long (one of the finest and definitely underrated)
    *Cry Baby Cry

Quite a list

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Stuck on the Border

This is mine but it is slightly different. I Will is one of my least favourite Beatles songs & Martha My Dear is a bit too much of McCartney whimsy. This is in order:

1. Back In The USSR
    2. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
    3. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    4. I'm So Tired
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Glass Onion
    7. Blackbird
    8. Yer Blues
    9. Birthday
    10. Sexy Sadie

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just saw some really cool Beatles news that a TV miniseries is in development telling Brian Epstein's story!!! It's being adapted from an award winning graphic novel "The Fifth Beatle" and according to the article they've been given permission to use the Beatles music. I know there were two other movies about Brian that were in the works (one with Benedict Cumberbatch and the other with Nicholas Hoult) but both seemed to have stalled. I think this sounds great and Brian's story deserves to be told, so hopefully it's picked up by a network soon.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Just saw some really cool Beatles news that a TV miniseries is in development telling Brian Epstein's story!!! It's being adapted from an award winning graphic novel "The Fifth Beatle" and according to the article they've been given permission to use the Beatles music. I know there were two other movies about Brian that were in the works (one with Benedict Cumberbatch and the other with Nicholas Hoult) but both seemed to have stalled. I think this sounds great and Brian's story deserves to be told, so hopefully it's picked up by a network soon.
    That would be awesome. He was very important to them. and it would be interesting to know more of his background.

I agree!!! I've been hoping for a film since that one with Benedict was announced a couple years ago but a miniseries is even better. I'm also going to have to check out the graphic novel.

And just saw about George Martin passing.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I agree!!! I've been hoping for a film since that one with Benedict was announced a couple years ago but a miniseries is even better. I'm also going to have to check out the graphic novel.

And just saw about George Martin passing.
    I know. it's so sad.

Ron Howard just made a new Beatles documentary called "The Beatles: Eight Days a Week" and it will not only get a theatrical release but it will be on Hulu as well!!! It's the first of documentaries Hulu is getting for their documentary division. They are also going into music and concerts too but haven't announced which artists they're working with yet.

Ron's doc is about The Beatles in their touring years (1962-66) and how all of that worked. He's also gotten rare backstage videos and photographs and Paul, Ringo, Yoko, and Olivia Harrison all are working with him as are others that got interviewed. It should also have a DVD release as well as most of Hulu's shows do later, and since it will be in the theater as well. It's supposed to be released sometime this fall.
    ~*Amanda*~

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's cool! I hope to see it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

I just heard on the radio that today marks the 50th anniversary of the last Beatles concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ncert-50-years

The stadium was demolished back in 2014. It was quite fitting that Paul McCartney was the closing act.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...show/13974791/