Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: O2, London, June 16, 2014

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: O2, London, June 16, 2014

Welcome, Micky, and very cool that you and your gal had such a great time. We are all hoping for a DVD!

Stuck on the Border

I don't remember seeing this review. It's nice and long as well as being very well-informed (with a hotline to Bernie Leadon!)

http://twilightdawning.com/2014/07/0...ght/#more-1866

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Overall good review. Of course, this was one of the parts I most agree with:

For this writer, the highlight of the night was the double header of “Doolin-Dalton (Reprise)” and “Desperado (Reprise)” which was immaculately performed and had the dual blessing of taking me back to the teenage years when I first heard the “Desperado” album and the greatest volley of blended voices that I have ever heard from a stage, on the climax. With Leadon on banjo and everything just right, this was as near a perfect musical moment as I am likely to find.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Can't fault those words, I was speechless when they did it at the two shows I went to, it is literal perfection and I'm so glad they revived it after 35+ years (I'll guess they never performed it after the OOTN tour). Just a shame it is mid-set: it would be a wonderful half or main set finisher. Still, I'm not complaining.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would agree that this was a good and pretty fair review even if I personally don't agree with absolutely everything he says. I would like to see the guys back in Europe next summer although I doubt it very much!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP