Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAP Center, San Jose, CA - 1/29/2014

Border Desperado

Default Re: SAP Center, San Jose, CA - 1/29/2014

FYI about that red and blue plaid shirt....the bottom button wasn't buttoned and at the very end when he raised both his hands to wave we got to see a little bit of tummy action. Yahoo. I know this is very important stuff that a few of you needed to know about!! And also still no necklaces or bracelets, he was only wearing a small silver earring.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    FYI about that red and blue plaid shirt....the bottom button wasn't buttoned and at the very end when he raised both his hands to wave we got to see a little bit of tummy action. Yahoo. I know this is very important stuff that a few of you needed to know about!! And also still no necklaces or bracelets, he was only wearing a small silver earring.
    This is the best concert review I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Well I am back home in Oregon from my trip to the Bay Area and I am ready to put in my two cents worth about the concert last night (since I was fortunate enough to be there).

My trip to Sunnyvale was unexpected so I decided to take a shot and see if I could get a decent seat on the night of the concert. After paying $25 to park I decided that even if I had to take a ticket in the nosebleed section I was going to the concert. Luckily I ran into a young couple who had an extra ticket on the lower side section next to the stage on Joe's side. It was in the 15th row and on the far right so I was pretty high up and to the side and almost behind the guys but they took $70 for a ticket with a face value of $186 so I considered myself pretty lucky.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I was a little concerned at first because while he and Glenn sounded good when they harmonized on Saturday Night, Don's speaking voice was pretty rough (like he might have a cold). He may have been a wee bit off the first couple songs but once his voice warmed up he sounded great as usual (btw the goatee is back). Glenn was in fine voice as well and looking very good!

The audience did seem a bit subdued early on but there was lots of cheering for Bernie when he came out on stage and again when they dedicated a song to Randy Meisner (whom they acknowledged has been having health problems). The audience warmed up and by the time the boys started rocking everyone around me was chair dancing and singing along.

Timmy looked and sounded wonderful last night and was more animated and talkative than usual (maybe he was still on a "high" from performing on his home turf the night before). And I have to agree with Woodstock that the plaid shirt looked great on him! Joe was indeed very energetic last night and as always the audience responded him. He plays and sings so well (I don't think I have ever heard him have an off night) and he keeps looking better and better lately. Not sure what he is doing but he should keep it up.

It was truly awesome to get to hear songs performed that I had never heard live before or had not heard since the Farewell I tour. The only downside to the whole experience was the cellphone police. In my section if you even dared to take your phone out of your purse or pocket one of them descended on you almost immediately with orders to "put it away NOW". I am not sure what harm letting us take pictures sans flash would have caused but absolutely no phone use was being tolerated.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I got to see this show. I didn't think there was even a remote chance that I would see them this tour so I feel really blessed to have been in attendance!
    Thanks for the review. So glad you got to go, and that you had such a great time!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the recaps. It makes me so bad want to go to New Orleans.

So Timothy is still wearing his earring. I had wonder if he was still wearing his earring since he hasn't been wearing his bracelets and necklace lately.

I saw on Fastlane Facebook page(I don't remember the link to the pictures. I need to find it.) that Don's goatee is back. Well it was nice when lasted. LOL

Don is looking good.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Just as a comment about the 'sans flash', earlier concerts on this tour allowed pictures without flash and people still used flash, even when the 'police' told them to stop. Some phones revert to using flash once it goes into standby mode, and so people don't even realize the flash is back on until they take the picture. Even with security being so very strict in LA, you could still see people using their flash, which guarantees security will figure out you're taking pictures.

I'm so glad that you were able to get in and that you had such a good time!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Woodstock and Wildthyme, thanks so much for your reviews! Sounds like the guys are in great form! I'm so glad you both got to go!

I love Tim's plaid shirt too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for the review. So glad you got to go, and that you had such a great time!
    I second that!

Out on the Border

This concert was too awesome!! I especially loved:
    -the band intros
    -In the City
    -Life in the Fast Lane
    -Life's Been Good
    -Hotel California

I miss it so much I keep listening to all their songs

Glad you had a good time. Welcome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me too, Anne. I'm also glad you love the show. Can't say I blame you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016