Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    It was more a "fun" relationship according to Stevie, which is probably why something like a pregnancy brought everything screeching to a halt. Still, I think it would be perfectly natural for Don to feel a stab of dismay or even jealousy that Joe ranks higher on Stevie's "Great Loves" scale. It doesn't mean he's bitter about losing Stevie; it's just the male ego! It would only be human nature for Don to prefer a statement like "The man who meant the most to me was Don Henley, despite the relative brevity of our affair... it was just THAT wonderful a time. NEXT is Joe Walsh, whom I wanted to marry..." lol
    Didn't I read somewhere that Don's wife Sharon got very jealous over the fact that he sends Stevie roses on her birthday every year? Since Sharon obviously has a problem with Don's closeness to Stevie, maybe that is why Stevie never talks in interviews about the intensity or passion during her time with Don--out of respect for Don & Sharon's marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Didn't I read somewhere that Don's wife Sharon got very jealous over the fact that he sends Stevie roses on her birthday every year?
    I read that too, in the National Enquirer (I just looked at it while waiting in line in the supermarket, honest!) That publication isn't known for its 100% dedication to accuracy, though!

Since Sharon obviously has a problem with Don's closeness to Stevie, maybe that is why Stevie never talks in interviews about the intensity or passion during her time with Don--out of respect for Don & Sharon's marriage.
    I can see that. She used to talk all the time about Lindsey Buckingham as her "great love" but now that he is married with children, all of the sudden he's just a "musical soulmate." Maybe she does try to respect the wife's feelings. Of course Joe is/was married too...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFan
    Very interesting, thanks for posting that.

I can certainly see how Henley might be a bit jealous, not necessarily because he wanted Stevie Nicks for himself, but because every man wants to think that he is the most memorable lover, and here Stevie says Joe was the great love of her life and not Henley. I can see how that might bother Henley a bit.
    yeah...that's what I was THINKING and had trouble, apparently, actually saying I would think that would be something that would bother a lot of guys.......if someone they were with at one time was also with their friend and/or bandmate....and then the friend/bandmate was the one she recalled as her one true love.

Here's a funny bit. Another site picked up on Stevie's interview, declaring it to be a dramatic reveal of a secret affair. Yeah, it was so secret she's discussed it on national television before (VH1's Storytellers 1998 ) and in multiple interviews. Gotta love this kind of piggy-back journalism, where they've done no research themselves and wind up printing mistakes as facts.

Stevie Nick's Secret Eagles Romance

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That's quite funny really, Soda. You have already posted quotes by Stevie about Joe earlier in this thread, so it's no great secret to people who know where to look.

It's interesting to read Stevie's summary of her relationship with Lindsey - more about the music. I think I agree with you that perhaps she is sensitive to both Lindsey and Don, and their subsequent marriages, and for sure she felt that Joe was now in a happy relationship (which sadly may now be in doubt). She comes across as a very sweet and sensitive person.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I can certainly see how Henley might be a bit jealous, not necessarily because he wanted Stevie Nicks for himself, but because every man wants to think that he is the most memorable lover, and here Stevie says Joe was the great love of her life and not Henley. I can see how that might bother Henley a bit.

Just my opinion, JF, but I think the most memorable lover and the great love of one's life don't have to be the same person.

Stuck on the Border

I just wanted to confirm that I first saw Joe with the Party Boys on December 7 1984, and with the Creatures From America in 1986 (I don't have the exact date at the moment - I can find out later) so it does appear that what Stevie says about 1986 is correct. I think it was towards the end of the year, round about November.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister

Just my opinion, JF, but I think the most memorable lover and the great love of one's life don't have to be the same person.
    My post wasn't even about that, you entirely missed the point, I was trying to explain why Henley wouldn't enjoy coming after Joe to Stevie Nicks, not argue that greatest lovers are also always loves of a lifetime. I don't even believe that. In fact as far as I can see, I never said that, guess you feel I implied it, well I didn't mean to. I'm not some daft tart who can't distinguish between a good shag and meaningful love.

LOL, JF! Thanks for setting me straight.

I'm glad I could clarify my meaning for you.