Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glen Campbell, R.I.P.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Border Troubadour

Default Glen Campbell

... has passed away at age 81. I know he had been living from Alzheimer's for a very long time, so at least he is no longer suffering. I won't claim to be his biggest fan, but songs like Wichita Lineman have remained iconic and will undoubtedly do so for many years. RIP.

Default Re: Glen Campbell

I loved Glen's music. Wichita Lineman, Rhinestone Cowboy, Southern Lights, By The Time I Get to Phoenix, Galveston, and Gentle on My Mind is my favorite songs of his. I have a few of his greatest hits albums and an album called Glen Campbell Live! His Greatest Hits which was recorded at his former theatre in Branson, Missouri which is now a church. Sad to say, I broke the CD somehow and I think that CD is out of print now.

RIP Glen.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-09-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Loved Glen Campbell, the documentary about his life is very good and available on Netflix. Many people don't know this but Glenn was a talented session player with the famous Wrecking Crew in LA and for a time replaced Brian Wilson in the Beach Boys.
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-08-2017 at 11:07 PM.

I think "Galveston" and "Wichita Lineman" are my favorites. Another one whose music is part of the soundtrack of my life. May he rest in peace.

Glen singing Adios written by the legendary Jimmy Webb. It is the title track from Glen's last album.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vGK_yxia08o
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-08-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glen Campbell, R.I.P.

RIP Glen Campbell. Had so many great songs and while it's sad it is reassuring to know he's not suffering anymore.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Glenn touring with the Beach Boys filling in for Brian Wilson.
    Pictured L to R: Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Glen, Dennis Wilson
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-08-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Glenn Frey and Glen Campbell both played the Stagecoach Country Music Festival in 2008

Here's Vince with Glen and a bunch of legends.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley