Page 103 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Very touching indeed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by WalshGirl View Post
    Thanks Funk 50 for the links! Will be checking them out tonight!

On the Rolling Stone's website is an article and interview with Walsh about the current presidential candidates--hint, he doesn't like either one. Of course, his opinion is not surprising given the current Turn to Stone video at his concerts. BTW, I'm not being political here. Just reporting information about Walsh and his interests, etc.

That said, I see that Walsh played a fundraising event at the DNC. And he also notes in the RS interview that he is voting, just not for president.

As always, JW is his happy self!
    Eh I am not surprised so it's cool seeing what he thinks. We all know how f the Eagles think about politics and how SOME couldn't care less

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Eh I am not surprised so it's cool seeing what he thinks. We all know how f the Eagles think about politics and how SOME couldn't care less
    Thanks! Though he obviously holds strong political beliefs, his main concern is voter apathy. He really believes everyone should vote--regardless of party affiliation.

So that's cool!

Here's a older, but excellent, article about Walsh from 1975, written by Cameron Crowe. I'm sure this appears elsewhere in the thread, but I didn't see it among recent postings. So I'm posting it again for those who've not seen it.

Here's the link:

Default Walsh Reinvigorated by Summer Tour

Excellent article that expands the great YouTube interview WalshFan88 posted yesterday. Here are some highlights:

• Walsh loves the people he’s currently touring with, especially Waddy. "Waddy's great," he says. "I gave him the freedom to translate my songs and figure out what he thought he should play. He's come up with some stuff I never would've thought of, and it's great. It makes it newer for me....He makes me play a little more aggressively. Makes me play in a way I usually don't unless I have to.”

• Inspired by his current line up, Walsh also talks about doing some new recordings with his current band. He’s thinking that making the recordings available on the internet might be the best way to insure people hear them.

• Walsh says the tour is also therapeutic as he recovers from Frey’s death. And it sounds like he's interested in a possible tour with Henley later on. Walsh notes he's talked to Henley and they both agreed to "revisit" the possibility of doing something after a year has passed.

Here's the link to the full article:
    Last edited by WalshGirl; 08-11-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Here's a nice story from someone who was working with the Swedish crew for the band back in 1977. He thought Joe was a roadie. Scroll down to the B&W photo
    http://www.nysse.com/jw/

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Joe posted on his Twitter earlier today that his Portland show was recorded and they're going to turn it into a live album!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Is there a track listing for the Portland Show? I hope there are some rare tracks or covers on the album.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm excited to hear that! I hope the Portland show was a great show, quality-wise.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Joe posted on his Twitter earlier today that his Portland show was recorded and they're going to turn it into a live album!!!
    I hope he includes video footage and puts it on YouTube or something. It's interesting he said "album." I know he's an analog man, but he must mean a CD, DVD, or some type of digital download.

About the setlist, I'm not seeing one--yet! It's still early. But here's one from the concert the day before at the winery.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/joe-wa...a-bfc4916.html

See also: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-...html?year=2016

I don't believe his setlist varied much this year, except for the first few shows when he did Rosewood Bitters. But sometime in May, I believe, he replaced Rosewood Bitters with Everyday People.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Here's a nice story from someone who was working with the Swedish crew for the band back in 1977. He thought Joe was a roadie. Scroll down to the B&W photo
    http://www.nysse.com/jw/

That's a great site! Thank you for posting.