Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Co lead vocals

Default Re: Co lead vocals

While I think the lines Don sings in ATTIG are important to the song, I've always felt Glenn was better at the soul type stuff. To me Don's voice has a rasp that works well in rock or even country, but to me Glenn's soft soul vocal on ATTIG makes it one of my favorites. Though I think Don's lines lyrically and vocally are needed. I know OOTN is a big soul type song for Don, I still feel when it comes to Memphis RnB soul stuff, Glenn's voice is my preference. Not as edgy or raspy.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Co lead vocals

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    While I think the lines Don sings in ATTIG are important to the song, I've always felt Glenn was better at the soul type stuff. To me Don's voice has a rasp that works well in rock or even country, but to me Glenn's soft soul vocal on ATTIG makes it one of my favorites. Though I think Don's lines lyrically and vocally are needed. I know OOTN is a big soul type song for Don, I still feel when it comes to Memphis RnB soul stuff, Glenn's voice is my preference. Not as edgy or raspy.
    I agree to an extent. I think within their normal range Glenn has a better soul voice than Don but I think don’s ability to go higher than Glenn gives him an advantage in songs like OOTN. ATTIG is definitely better off with Glenn. I don’t think the song would be nearly as good with Don singing the Glenn parts.