Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

I love them all but I'm going with Don Felder. After having seen him twice in concert, he just blows me away watching him work his guitar! Also when I posted on his facebook page that my mom said that it was her favorite birthday present ever, he wrote Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me. Mom was so happy, it made her day, he our favorite ex eagle

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

Out on the Border outontheborder's Avatar

It's a hard one! Like many people here, I'm probably going to have to go for Randy- that voice is amazing, and he seems like a general lovely guy. But Bernie and Don are both fantastic too (Felder is one of my greatest music heroes!)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Reading through this thread, I see it's kinda lonely over here in the Fingers Felder camp...
    I understand what you mean. Seems like to me either Frey or Felder are the devil, depending on who you talk to. But I love "Fingers" Felder AND Glenn Frey. (Not as much as Randy, of course!) The Eagles are my BAND. I respect ALL of them for their different contributions. This doesn't have to be "pick a side." I mean, this ain't high school.

Out on the Border

Randy is the one, voice, hair, looks, he had it all and mixed with his gentle shyness was just pure charisma.
    I have always wondered which one of the Eagles was the most popular with the girls in the 1970's. Everyone always picked their favorite Beatle, but I
    don't recall picking the favorite Eagle.

I loved the Eagles music from the early 70's to the late 70's. I would always notice the really cute dark haired guy with the dimples on their album inserts, posters, etc. I did not know all of their names or what they sang.
    My favorite line up is the HC lineup, but I also appreciate the four original members line-up. I did not know much about Bernie, but I am learning to appreciate his talent too.

My favorite is Randy for all the reasons musicgirl mentioned. For me, from a strictly looks standpoint, Randy is the "Paul" of the Eagles with his cute boyish looks. I also like Felder. He is tremendously talented and love his long blond hair.

Out on the Border

Don felder!!

My favorite Ex-Eagle is Randy. Not only because he is beautiful to look at but his personality,mannerism's,music and voice add up to be the closest thing to perfect.
    After reading this thread from the beginning and finding that most people like Randy, I just wonder why he wasn't more popular in the 70's. He obviousley is viewed as extremely "hot" by a lot of people. Back then you saw pictures of say David Cassidy plastered on everything. I personally think Randy beats someone such as David 10 fold hands down. In the present time he would be considered something like the "hot" Eagle and plastered everywhere. Perhaps, and I am thinking it was, it was because he 1. Was a married man with children 2. He didn't want the publicity. What does everyone else think. If we get this going it could be moved to a new thread.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    My favorite Ex-Eagle is Randy. Not only because he is beautiful to look at but his personality,mannerism's,music and voice add up to be the closest thing to perfect.
    After reading this thread from the beginning and finding that most people like Randy, I just wonder why he wasn't more popular in the 70's. He obviousley is viewed as extremely "hot" by a lot of people. Back then you saw pictures of say David Cassidy plastered on everything. I personally think Randy beats someone such as David 10 fold hands down. In the present time he would be considered something like the "hot" Eagle and plastered everywhere. Perhaps, and I am thinking it was, it was because he 1. Was a married man with children 2. He didn't want the publicity. What does everyone else think. If we get this going it could be moved to a new thread.
    I think it was because he was one of four and then later 5 Eagles. He was not promoted as a "heartthrob" but as an Eagle with the whole group. David Cassidy was more of a solo artist or at least lead singer with the Partridge Family then. I do think today Randy might be more singled out as a "hot" guy, with the internet and constant media which we did not have in the 70's. I think Randy beats David Cassidy hands down, at least in my book, and he also beats Bobby Sherman who was similar looking with the dark hair and dimples. both from a talent and looks standpoint.

I remember reading interviews from the 80s where the guys were saying that nobody recognized them because they didn't put their faces on their album covers (except for Desperado), and they didn't do too many interviews.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

My best friend was a huge David Cassidy fan and she bought all the fan magazines and singles. He was marketed at very young teen and pre-teen girls (we'd have been about 12 or 13 and were right on target). The songs tended to be young love songs ("I think I love you", "Cherish", Breaking up is Hard to Do", off the top of my head). The Partridge Family was a safe family show and he played a teen even if he was in his twenties.

I don't remember the Eagles being marketed at all but I believe they were aiming more for late-teens/early twenties. The songs are about drinking, sex, drugs and gambling rather than romantic love. Marketing a band-member as a heart-throb just wouldn't have been cool.

Still, I've seen mentions here and there that they wanted to become the american Beatles but it didn't quite work out.