Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

Default Re: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I don't want to see them perform songs by their influences - not on this tour. If they want to put out a cd someday, okay. I probably wouldn't buy it, though.
    I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

The current Eagles line up could harmonize the Yellow Pages and make it worth listening to....

And knowing the level of excellence they collectively and individually demand on every release, it would be an incredible album.

CSN were recording an album like this a couple of years ago, but it appears to have been shelved. I remember reading an in depth article about it in Uncut magazine.

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

You are right, Steve. The idea was scrapped a couple of years ago. It's a shame because I saw CSN perform some cover versions during their show at the Royal Albert Hall in London three years ago (Norwegian Wood, Ruby Tuesday, Behind Blue Eyes, Girl From the North Country, Just Another Rider) and they were fantastic. They seemed excited at the time about recording these songs for the CD.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Get You In the Mood
    Most of Us are Sad
    Take the Devil
    My Man
    On the Border
    Is It True
    Hollywood Waltz
    Visions
    I Wish You Peace
    Try and Love Again
    The Disco Strangler
    Teenage Jail
    What Do I Do With My Heart
    Fast Company
    Do Something
    You Are Not Alone
    I Dreamed There Was No War
    Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
    Last Good Time in Town
    I Love to Watch a Woman Dance
    Business as Usual
    Center of the Universe
    It’s Your World Now
    So none of these were performed in Louisville despite the fact that Don said they were doing a song/songs they'd never done before. I wonder which song they're currently playing that Don has forgotten they once did? Probably "Train Leaves Here This Morning." lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

My Man I see more as Bernie's personal tribute to Gram Parsons and therefore not what really you would call an Eagles' song, hence it probably never made a concert setlist, certainly never after he left.

I Wish You Peace was Leadon's final Eagles song before he left and Walsh joined, and I don't think neither Frey nor Henley cared for it, therefore they'll obviously not perform it. There would probably have been only months between the struggle to get it on the album and him leaving anyway.

I am surprised though that they've never done On the Border, hope it's resurrected for the current tour.

Border Troubadour

According to Eliot's book, On the Border was apparently done at a gig in Anaheim between the OOTN and Hotel California eras. (The concert also featured some other South Cali artists.) That's the only record I have ever seen of On the Border being done live (sadly)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So none of these were performed in Louisville despite the fact that Don said they were doing a song/songs they'd never done before. I wonder which song they're currently playing that Don has forgotten they once did? Probably "Train Leaves Here This Morning." lol

What he said was:

We will be adding a couple of songs that we haven't previously done on this tour.
    They had not done 7BR & How Long on this tour.

FP, my comment was in reference to the Louisville 2013 show (opening night of this tour), not the Los Angeles 2014 shows, which is what Don is discussing in your link. Please refer to the date of my post which you quoted, which was written on July 7, 2013.

However, thank you for your diligent efforts to ensure there is no misunderstanding on anyone's part.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    According to Eliot's book, On the Border was apparently done at a gig in Anaheim between the OOTN and Hotel California eras. (The concert also featured some other South Cali artists.) That's the only record I have ever seen of On the Border being done live (sadly)
    Hmm. I'd like to see a second source confirm this - while Eliot's book is a very informative one, it does contain some errors. That would be cool if in fact they did perform it, though!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    FP, my comment was in reference to the Louisville 2013 show (opening night of this tour), not the Los Angeles 2014 shows, which is what Don is discussing in your link. Please refer to the date of my post which you quoted, which was written on July 7, 2013.

However, thank you for your diligent efforts to ensure there is no misunderstanding on anyone's part.
    Sorry.

Just having an interest in this again I think they’re a couple we can agree that have been played. Get you in the mood was played in Denver before they recorded the first album. So I’m not sure if you would consider that. And a few people have claimed to have seen Try and love again live as well as the capital centre concert setlist apparently including It. I haven’t heard of the others being played. I have to think at some point they played is it true as it was a better song than Midnight Flyer (in my opinion) or at least more mainstream. But they played midnight flyer for a while. Anyone else heard or seen one of the songs on the list?