Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

A rarity from Farm Aid 1985–Don performs “A Month of Sundays.” (I did a search and this was posted back in 2008; needless to say that link has expired).

https://en.musicplayon.com/Don-Henle...le-787608.html

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Troubadour

My thanks for that Delilah, that's an absolute gem of a find. It's my favourite Don solo song and I never even contemplated that he may have played it live, so I am made up

I could be wrong, but I think this is the only time Don ever sang this song. Its a beautiful song. Will or Michael would do a great job with this song since this is mostly piano lead.

I have his other two songs from Farm Aid '85. The poor guy was struggling with The Boys Of Summer, but that's another post. lol

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    My thanks for that Delilah, that's an absolute gem of a find. It's my favourite Don solo song and I never even contemplated that he may have played it live, so I am made up
    You’re welcome. It’s one of my favorite Don solo songs and he sings it with such earnestness and feeling. You can hear the sad resignation in his voice. One of his best vocal performances, IMO.

Today's the 28th Anniversary of Don winning Best Rock Vocal, Male at the 32nd Annual Grammy Awards. The only award he won that night. He had some stuff competition.

You can see Don in the audience with Patty Smyth at the beginning when Paul McCartney was giving an award. Album of the Year at 12:43. Gary Shandling introducing Don at 48:26 and then Don sing. The End Of The Innocence. Best Rock Male Performance at 54:03.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ny5mu

Record of the Year at 47:33. Of course Don lost.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4o41fu

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

An oldie but a goodie—Don’s video of “Boys of Summer” which is one of my favorites. Ah, the 80s!

https://uploadstars.com/video/YX8AW27OOBS9

I don't know if this was every posted, but I found this old video from the Early Show of Billy Joel presented Musicares Person of the Year award back in 2002.

Don is shown briefly at 0:52, again at 2:08(so Don has sung that song before. I didn't know that) and interviewed by Mark McEwen at 3:01.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bERWDjv9sI[/ame]
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-10-2018 at 02:54 PM.

This video from 2006 shows Don doing a great duet with Jerry Lee Lewis. It looks like it was posted here in 2009 but not surprisingly, that video is no longer available.

Here’s “You Win Again”:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FIz0D7b9Ffs[/ame]

Don has worked with some real legends!

Out on the Border

Loved that post of Henley & Jerry Lee Lewis. I think Henley is getting a bad rap about the Eagles. Even though Glenn has always been my favorite, I don't blame Eagles for going on. If Glenn's wife & son don't find it offensive, I don't see why other people do.

This isn't technically a "Don video" but people are saying he is singing backup on this Stevie Nicks demo. Can we hear him?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzpuWX29Ec[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten