Over the past few months, there have been issues with fake accounts pretending to be affiliated with the sites showing up places like MySpace, YouTube, and now Twitter. We have been trying to deal with them quietly but they appear to be escalating, so we thought we should make sure everyone is aware of the situation.

This person's M.O. is to create user ids associated with me or the sites like "GlennFreyOnline," "eaglesonlinecentral"," "Nancy K (sodascouts)" etc. and then attempt to friend people / leave comments as me (or, more recently, as Maleah). Usually they will duplicate personal information such as location, age, etc. and in some cases even link to legitimate personal profiles in an attempt to appear more "authentic." So, to clarify:

All others sites/users claiming affiliation are frauds. This is also true if you see any account using my full name. Other than Facebook, I have no user ids which are my full name.

If you receive a friends request/follow from someone claiming to be me or anyone from the sites/board, please investigate it before accepting it. At the rate this person is going, odds are it is probably fake. If in doubt, just send me a PM on here. If you have already done so, just block/delete her.