Page 51 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Yeah PLS! Glenn can give you the energy you need (they all can!)

This morning I woke up and downstairs the radio was playing a song everybody HAS to know!
    Hotel California!
    I was immediately awake!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I bet you were MH!! When I came in with the kids later on this evening we put on the radio, only seconds later to hear the intro.....and TITTL!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I am reading a book right now called "Rock Star Babylon". It's about myths, legends and things that have happened in rock and roll. Anyways, I am on a chapter talking about the Long Beach incident. One paragraph starts out, and I quote here, "Yes, these days, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and the other one..." EXCUSE ME??? The other one? Are you kidding me? Time to move on to another book apparently!
    Wow. That is so lame. It sounds like a deliberate slam to me - what professional author couldn't take the trouble to look up Tim's name if he wasn't sure of it?

Hope you checked that out of a library. That jerk doesn't deserve one cent of royalties!

PLS - very cool that you got to hear Sea Cruise. That's a hard one to catch!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That is just SO unprofessional. I always double check my facts when I am posting here not to mind if I was writing a review. That reviewer should have done his homework!! How Shoddy!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow. That is so lame. It sounds like a deliberate slam to me - what professional author couldn't take the trouble to look up Tim's name if he wasn't sure of it?

Hope you checked that out of a library. That jerk doesn't deserve one cent of royalties!
    Unfortunately I bought the stupid book. It wasn't that good anyways so when I got to that part- I just closed it and set it back on the bookshelf never to be read again!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Charity shop job, TBF!

PLS, that is awesome to hear Sea Cruise on the radio!

MH, last year on my birthday first song I heard was HC - sure made my day, and this weekend when I was getting in the car to take hubby for his surprise evening, One Of These Nights was on!

It gets a bit worse - not only did I spot a pub selling Caffreys, but next was a music shop with a genuine Takamine guitar for sale!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Smile Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Were you tempted to buy it GEF?
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    Charity shop job, TBF!

PLS, that is awesome to hear Sea Cruise on the radio!

MH, last year on my birthday first song I heard was HC - sure made my day, and this weekend when I was getting in the car to take hubby for his surprise evening, One Of These Nights was on!

It gets a bit worse - not only did I spot a pub selling Caffreys, but next was a music shop with a genuine Takamine guitar for sale!
    Look, that's great! Having a birthday with the waking up song HC, it can't be better (well, I think it can, if the Eagles where standing right in front of you and singing you awake. )
    Haha OOTN! :P

Aaah did you buy it?

________
    I was talking with my mom about Don (who else?) and we were almost back home and when we get home, my mom saw something in our mailbox, and it was my Don Henley poster! (Thanks, GA!) aaaaah, it was just the best timing ever! Only it was raining, so I was just on time to save the poster!

And I was so in love today to a picture who's made in glass, I was walking through that store with my mom and I saw something what I had to know and when I came closer I saw The Eagles in a glass photo! FW1 pic! Aaaahhh my day started good! Only I asked to the price and it was very expensive, so that wasn't a good thing today.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yesterday, Larry took me to a used bookstore that someone had told him about at work that has albums, 8 tracks and 45's in the basement for sale. I found 4 Joe Walsh albums (2 of which I already had). They were only $1.00 or $2.00 each, so I bought all 4 of them of course. I also actually found a Sweet album that I bought. That's really unusual here in the states. We were short on time so next Saturday us and the friends that we get together with every Saturday night to listen to albums on the patio are all going on "a field trip" to see what else we can come up with.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Wow just $1,00 or $2,00 ? FABULOUS!