Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Agree. Even though I love all eras I prefer the 70s era to LROOE. Joining this board changed my opinion of Glenn who is not like Felder described him as. But to me it just feels weird watching Farwell 1. I love Steuart's playing though and wish he was a Full member. Rock and Roll Bands are a complex organism. Wish Long Road was on Spotify.

There is an update regarding the KCH petition from the petition's author, Brandon Butler. He included this response from the President of KCH, Deborah Rutter:

"The Kennedy Center consulted with the Eagles and through that discussion, it was determined that the four band members who "carried the torch" --Don Henley, the late Glenn Frey, Timothy B. Schmit, and Joe Walsh--will be awarded the Honors. We appreciate that there will be some debate about who constitutes the Eagles. This determination does not discredit the contributions of former band members."

While I find this disappointing, it is not surprising. I am gratified that the KCH powers that be actually took notice of the petition and gave it consideration. That does not happen often and there were naysayers who didn't think it would happen.

For more information regarding the update, click on "The Verdict Is In" link on this address: https://www.change.org/p/john-f-kenn...m_medium=email

Sad.

I hope they get a VIP treatment and at least invited.

Randy said he was going when he was interviewd last

"The Kennedy Center consulted with the Eagles and through that discussion, it was determined that the four band members who "carried the torch" --Don Henley, the late Glenn Frey, Timothy B. Schmit, and Joe Walsh--will be awarded the Honors. We appreciate that there will be some debate about who constitutes the Eagles. This determination does not discredit the contributions of former band members."
    That really sucks. I had a feeling it'd come down to the band, Don mostly. I hope Felder shows up in the audience to let them know he won't be easily forgotten and a little intimidation is a good thing in this case.

I'm not surprised but still disappointing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I'd have liked them all to be honoured but I'm not surprised. It seems to me that fans who are disappointed have a choice:
    a) they can be angry or upset, rail against Henley, threaten to boycott etc
    or
    b) they can accept the decision gracefully in the knowledge that they know better than the KCA committee and then watch and enjoy the award show whilst raising a toast to everyone who contributed to the band's success.

True fans recognise the importance of Bernie, Randy and Don but they are also not dismissive of the talents and achievements of the Glenn, Don, Joe and Timothy.

My two cents:
    Now that the decision has been made, it's a done deal. Whether you agree or not, at this point it doesn't matter. What Don F. or any dissenters must realize is the presence of a grieving widow who does not deserve any drama. What some consider "showing them" or intimidation would be voicing such opinions at a very inappropriate time. I pray no one causes a scene on the one occasion that would bring Glenn's family a little joy. Sometimes we must think of the innocent people even if we feel justified in our actions.
    Maybe there can be another way for the others to be recognized--work toward that. Class, people, class.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

This confirms my earlier thoughts about Don and Glenn (and Irving) calling the shots on the issue. The entire world could have signed that petition and no way is Henley sitting in that balcony on that night with the former members. If the KCH had insisted on all 7, I don't think the Eagles would have participated. It's Don's world and we're all living in it (as it should be.)

Once again, people are assuming that the final decision on this was dictated by Don Henley !! There are three other band members, Azoff, and the KCH board members included in this decision so I really wish that Felder fans would stop placing the blame for this decision entirely on Don Henley.

The decision has been made by ALL of the above mentioned, so maybe they could just accept it, whether they agree with it or not and move on.

The KCH ceremony is going to be hard enough for all involved without having to deal with "intimidation" from other band members who should know better.
    And no, WF88, a "little intimidation" is never a good thing!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    Once again, people are assuming that the final decision on this was dictated by Don Henley !! There are three other band members, Azoff, and the KCH board members included in this decision so I really wish that Felder fans would stop placing the blame for this decision entirely on Don Henley.

The decision has been made by ALL of the above mentioned, so maybe they could just accept it, whether they agree with it or not and move on.

The KCH ceremony is going to be hard enough for all involved without having to deal with "intimidation" from other band members who should know better.
    And no, WF88, a "little intimidation" is never a good thing!
    Agreed.

'Intimidation'? As FF also said, in the presence of a grieving widow? Seriously.

In any case the other three HAVE been recognised. That is what the Hall of Fame is for. Like it or not this award honours the last lineup.

I'm already starting to see the endless vitriol which was directed at Glenn now being redirected at Don Henley. If people don't like Don Henley or the Eagles they can ignore them. It isn't that hard.
    Last edited by Freypower; 09-17-2016 at 05:38 PM.

While I can understand the disappointment, this is supposed to be a celebration. Felder or anyone else deliberately trying to make an ugly scene wouldn't do anyone any good - quite the opposite.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten