Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy LP release for Record Store Day 2018

Default Randy LP release for Record Store Day 2018

Randy’s latest compilation album is getting released on vinyl for this special annual event known as “Record Store Day” which falls on April 21 this year. Previously the album was known an “Anthology” as well as Take It to the Limit.

Some info from the website:
    Though released in less than audiophile quality on CD in the USA, Japan and England, this vinyl release marks the first time these original analog master recordings from the original analog 2 track tapes have been issued on vinyl anywhere in the world. Recorded after leaving "The Eagles" and releasing three solo albums, this 180 gram audiophile vinyl album, includes original Meisner songs plus such 'Eagles' standard as "Try and Love Again", their first hit, "Take It Easy" and Meisner's classic hit song and the album's title song, "Take It To The Limit".
    https://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10381

I have the “less than audiophile quality” CD and I really enjoy it, even though the track sequence is kind of odd. In fact the cd includes songs like the live versions of “Tonight” and “Darkness of the Heart” which don’t seem to be on the LP.

At any rate, this is great news for Randy and it’s gratifying to know his music is still getting attention.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: Randy LP release for Record Store Day 2018

That's cool, thanks Delilah! I'll have to check that out.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, D. I wonder if track #5 "Lonely Again" is in fact "Lonely Alone"? Great song, that, but it doesn't fill me with confidence that they get the song name wrong.

I see it was sourced at Abbey Road Studios in London. Not too shabby.

Hey there, NMB. I didn’t even notice that song title typo. I was distracted by the different track list and trying to remember what was missing.

Here’s the track list for the Randy Meisner Anthology cd, aka My How Things Have Changed.

1. Long Time Blue
    2. Try and Love Again
    3. Hearts on Fire
    4. Need You Bad
    5. Don’t Keep It Inside
    6. Take It Easy
    7. Walk of Life
    8. My How Things Have Changed
    9. Lonely Alone
    10. Where the Rubber Meets the Road
    11. Tonight
    12. Never Had a Broken Heart
    13. Darkness of the Heart
    14. Take It to the Limit

Tracks 2, 3, 4, 11, 13 and 14 are live versions.

Hmmm. So this has nothing to do with the "Love Me or Leave Me Alone" anthology. I hope that's next on the agenda for a good clean-up. Randy's talent and work deserves that respect.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I know a couple of people who tried to pre-order online and were told it's not possible. So how does this work, you go into a record store and just hope it's there? I'm not being sarcastic or nasty, I simply don't know.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I know a couple of people who tried to pre-order online and were told it's not possible. So how does this work, you go into a record store and just hope it's there? I'm not being sarcastic or nasty, I simply don't know.
    NMB, have you tried to see if you have any participating record stores near stores near you? You can click on the link to find out. Luckily, Indianapolis still has a great independent record store presence. In fact, Karma Records, one of the participating stores has been around since the 70's. That's where I bought some of my albums and concert tickets. It sounds like the stores put in orders but don't know for sure how many albums they will receive. I was told by Luna Records that they would probably et at least one. I was told by Karma to check back next week to see if they got any. It looks like there are only 1400 being released if I'm reading it correctly.

Thank you, My My - that's very helpful.

From what I understand, the deal behind the event is to get warm bodies into record stores on RSD by offering limited releases of some titles. As My My said, if you go to the homepage of the website, you should be able to input your zip code to see if any record stores in your area are participating. Even then, the store may not have it on stock.

Hopefully everyone who wants a copy of this gets one, b/c it does look like there are only 1400 available.