Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Selected Works: 1972-1999.

Default Celebration of Selected Works: 1972-1999.

I looked through all 30+ pages and I couldn't find a thread about Selected Works.

SO I hope its ok to make a thread because even though it was mostly a greatest hits cd box set, we did get some of the Millenium concert, a few unreleased tracks and Random Victims(my favorite track).

So. Happy 16th Birthday to the Selected Work box set.

Default Re: Celebration of Selected Works: 1972-1999.

Happy 17th Birthday to the Selected Works box set. I bought this album on Ebay and a few songs from I-Tunes. I loved the Random Victims track. Wait, wait, wait, wait.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I was watching an old tape (yes I still own a VCR) and fast forwarding through the commercials, and I saw the Eagles - it was a commercial for this box set, and included footage from the 1977 DC concert. So I had to buy the box set and I haven't been disappointed...I love the Millennium concert CD. It's too bad there is no DVD of this.

(The tape, btw, is now labeled "Eagles commercial" and can never be thrown out).

Border Desperado

The Millennium Concert was the best part. Would loved for it to have been a 2 CD part, with the full concert....but oh well....glad for what we got.

I love the Millennium concert too. I have the Millennium concert bootleg from Mandalay Bay show that was a day or two before this concert.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

This was the first Eagles album I bought. I love the Millennium concert and Random Victims as well. I like when bands release demos or behind the scenes of what goes on in the studios instead of just hearing the finished product. I like when we can get glimpses of their personalities. Probably why I enjoy the Beatles anthology cds so much.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

That Millennium concert sounded amazing. Those shows must have been absolutely epic. How I wish I had been a fan then, and could have been there!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That Millennium concert sounded amazing. Those shows must have been absolutely epic. How I wish I had been a fan then, and could have been there!
    It sounded great to me but for some reason Felder says the concert was bad and only the jazzy version of BOML was good. I dont get it

Stuck on the Border

I haven't heard the whole Millennium concert, but the parts I have heard they sound great. Maybe Don meant he didn't sound great. According to his book, he was really sick with a bad case of the flu at that time.
    I wonder if there is a way to just get the Millennium cd, I really don't want all the other cd's as I have all the albums and most of those cd's.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Felder says the concert was bad and only the jazzy version of BOML was good.
    I hold the opposite opinion. I didn't particularly care for that arrangement of BOTM and found it to be a lowlight, but enjoyed the concert overall.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town
    I wonder if there is a way to just get the Millennium cd, I really don't want all the other cd's as I have all the albums and most of those cd's.
    I don't believe one can purchase just the Millennium CD alone. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten