Page 49 of 201 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

One more.

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Loving all these pics!!! Thanks Pippin and Austin (and Austin for posting ones of all the guys).
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for those pictures !

FP - It is funny you say that b/c numerous people left comments on the Eagles fans FB pages saying he looked sick and very tired. Especially the last couple of shows those particular fans saw. I think that last tour took a lot out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

FP - It is funny you say that b/c numerous people left comments on the Eagles fans FB pages saying he looked sick and very tired. Especially the last couple of shows those particular fans saw. I think that last tour took a lot out of him.
    All things considered I have to believe that's quite possible. Even with the best support and amenities - there are real physical, mental and emotional demands and expectations that come with performing/touring.
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-19-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Looking back on pictures from 2012/2013 to 2015 I can see a stark decline in his appearance. He looks like he aged and does indeed look ill and tired.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks to everyone who posted these lovely pictures of our Glenn . I think the general consensus from the 2015 tours in Australia and the US was that indeed he wasn't feeling great at all, but as Pippin says he HAD to keep going. I wonder when he commented to Bernie after the last show 'This isn't the end' was he hoping to convince HIMSELF more than Bernie or anyone else?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

He had a cold a lot... honestly, though, he seemed fine while he was performing during the shows I attended at least.

You do often have people saying "Oh I could tell" after his death when at the time, they didn't notice anything (not saying that's the case across the board here, but it does seem there's many more people on Facebook saying "I could see how sick he was" now then there were making comments then).

Not to mention that he did not die from a sickness he had over months; his RA was bad, but it's not what killed him. It is fair to say that a long tour would take a toll on him, but I wouldn't go further than that.

Anyway, sorry, I seem to be getting us off topic here. How about another photo?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

I tried not to discuss it at the time. I didn't think he looked sick, but I thought his heart was not in that tour. But that is a separate issue. So because this is the photo thread I will follow Soda's example.

This is a nice one which captures the After Hours tour vibe quite well. It's in Charlotte.

Love that one, FP!
    Speaking of Glenn and his T-shirts, I liked this one where he's with Joe and David Spero. (In case you don't know, the character on his T-shirt is Top Cat, from an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon from the early 60s.)

Stuck on the Border

FP - Do you mean in 2015 or the whole HOTE tour? He looks great in that AH photo. TY.

Thanks for the pictures. The one with Joe is from their party of two tours. Joe is not looking too good there. Thank God he became clean and sober.