Page 43 of 201 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

You know, I doubt any of the girls signed anything, just because that kind of thing was not common in the 70s. If they did, they were in the minority of bands. I suspect we're just not talking to the right people. LOLOLOL.

And on a related topic from HOTE, do we know whose bare backside that is in the creek during the Aspen segment? I know who it's NOT (dadgum it -- what a screenshot!), but do we know the owner? I'm just curious.

Stuck on the Border

I think the Aspen nudity is just stock footage, just like the London buses and the "teapot" boiling.

The screencap from the 1977 interview reminds me of how young Glenn looked in that part. He doesn't look like a 28-year-old.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - UTW is right - just screen shots of the hippies to give people an idea how wild Aspen was then. It was not necessary in my opinion - just confused a lot of people who thought it may have been the guys.

UTW - I agree with you, he looks about 20 years old. I thought the teapot and buses were unnecessary too. Just as the piggy bank scene at the bank was when Don talks about how hard his Dad worked to save money for his college education. They could have just gone with the voice overs, which I think would have been better.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 08-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Ran across this on Google Images. Photographer: Barry Schultz. 1975 at Glenn's LA home. Bet his mom or gramma made the afghan on the sofa. I looove this one.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Pippin - Glenn in his fart shirt -lol ! I think that's the house he shared with Don. Not sure though.

It could be. I don't know. I was just going by the photo caption. The pic of him with the two black cats was made at this photo session. I suspect he liked cats, since he had both in his lap. You don't have two cats in your lap unless you're pretty fond of them. LOL. Another reason to love him!

And some things never change. Only a 20-something guy would think a "fart" shirt would be appropriate for a photo session. It takes a while for some of them to get out of the locker room.... LOLOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    The screencap from the 1977 interview reminds me of how young Glenn looked in that part. He doesn't look like a 28-year-old.
    That's one (of many many things) I love about Glenn, he always looked younger than his age and had an innocent, boyish look to him (even if he wasn't innocent ).

About the 3E parties...I find it strange that none of these girls want to talk about their experiences. There are plenty of stories about sexual exploits of other bands of the era, but very little about the eagles.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that boyish face, blue eyes, and killer grin probably got him out of no telling how many scrapes over the years. I mean, if I had him in a high school class and he turned that grin on me, it would have been a struggle to tell him to write that extra essay because he was running his mouth in class, or reading a guitar or car magazine, or didn't do his homework.

Or as the hotel manager looking at a classic case of "room trash" and he gets the puppy dog look. "Please, let us go. Don't call the cops."

"OK. Go on."

LOLOL. I'd be a lost cause.

Totally agree Pippin, I wouldn't stand a chance, LOL.