View Poll Results: How old are you? I am very curious to see how diverse the membership is!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 20

9 15.00%
  • 20-29

10 16.67%
  • 30-39

6 10.00%
  • 40-49

9 15.00%
  • 50-59

20 33.33%
  • 60-69

6 10.00%
  • 70+

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ages of Border Members

Border Desperado

Default Ages of Border Members

I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of younger members here on the Border and I'd like to get a snapshot of our ages. By creating a poll, I hope to cast a wider net and include folks who don't regularly post.

Border Desperado

Default Re: Ages of Border Members

Cool Looking forward to it!

43, will be 44 in July
    Last edited by VillageGirl; 04-08-2016 at 01:10 AM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've told my age many times on here, but I'll be of legal drinking age in the states in September. (Yes, I'm somewhat patiently waiting for that day lol). Plus the 95 in my username is my birth year. (So I'm 20)

I wonder if there are more younger members or older members.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 04-08-2016 at 01:24 AM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm 27.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Twenty-one and strong as I can be, I know what freedom means to me...

I'm all too happy to get some mileage out of that while I still can! I turn 22 in August.

However, I was born in 1994, which means I was born the year Hell Froze Over and I will always have that!

I was born in 1958, which makes me 58!

I am extremely happy that I was born in an era of what I consider the best music ever. Rock & Roll had been born, and by the time I was 6 The Beatles were all the rage. I got to witness them go from straight R&R all the way through their experimental period and I loved it all. Although I was only 11 when Woodstock happened, I feel that I was riding the tails of the hippie movement - not the drugs part, LOL, but I really identified with the peace, love and music.

As I have gotten older I have come to enjoy the softer side of rock/ folk music. These days, besides the Eagles, I am happiest listening to some old Jackson Browne, Cat Stevens, Gordon Lightfoot, Linda Ronstadt, and James Taylor, to name a few. But the concert I'd really like to see next is the Doobie Brothers!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Born in 1998 so I am 17 but will be 18 this year and I have the same birthday as Joe.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, it's hard to admit, but I'm 59 and will be 60 in August. How time flies!

I've loved the Eagles since their inception and hearing Take It Easy and Witchy Woman on the radio. Hearing their songs today takes me back to my teenage years and I've never gotten tired of listening to them.

I'm amazed at the Eagles knowledge of some of you younger members! You guys are good! And I'm so glad you don't mind sharing this board with us 'veterans'!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm 29 and will be turning 30 in August. So I'm on the border (pun intended LOL) and voted for the 20s group since I'm still there. Although I look so much younger than my age, but at times I felt like I was born in the wrong decade with how much I love earlier decades and their music. It's why my Mom still calls me her little, hippie child. LOL But I'm still way too attached to our technology and my shows/movies.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Will be 22 at the beginning of August--I share a birthday with Jerry Garcia and Def Leppard front-man Joe Elliott.

Was born the year "Hell Freezes Over" and Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" album came out.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney