Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: This or That: Eagles

Border Troubadour

Default Re: This or That: Eagles

Business as usu...whaaal... whaaal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don's version of Democracy or Leonard Cohen's?
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by SadCafe View Post
    (DD - Don's 70's 'fro was the best!! He said in some interviews that he would love to have all that hair again - made me wonder what he would look like now with the 'fro and the white goatee ..... )
    Oooh, somehow I don't think that would work... just can't or don't want to visualise it!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Don's version.

Best Of My Love live in concert: Without drums(acoustic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w508mExsHdc or with drums (like the original version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LoZInA17Q

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Best of My Love with drums

==========================

Desperado (song) live with Don on drums and Glenn on piano or with Don up front like they perform it now

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Definitely Don on Drums and Glenn on piano. I wonder when they stopped doing that. I'm just glad Glenn still plays keys on ICTYW.

Best visual video played in the background in concert: Already Gone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eT95xKCb2w or Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbf0H91zwu8

ETA: I couldn't find a better video for Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise. Everything was up close with this song. Probably go by what you've seen in concert.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-09-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Smile Re: This or That: Eagles

Already gone - but I got distracted halfway through watching Don play the drums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Scott Crago or Will Hollis
    Last edited by L101; 08-09-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Scotty.

Funk 49 live: Guitar duel with Glenn and Joe at the beginning or go right into the song.

Stuck on the Border

Shun, to answer your question from F1 until now Don has been down the front for Desperado. It does nothing for me. I feel it puts the focus far too much on him when the whole band should be showcased.

To answer yours I like the guitar duet in Funk #49 because Glenn so rarely gets to do any distinctive guitar work.

-------------------------------

Glenn's clothes: overshirt & T shirt or jacket & shirt?

Border Troubadour

I've often wondered that re: Desperado too. I don't like to see the guys negate to do something for one of the backing musicians to fill in, e.g. drums on Desperado, keyboard on NKIT. Anyway...

I think the further you get into the Eagles' 70s discography the more Glenn suits the formal look but I personally prefer him with T-shirt and a loose one over it, like the second half of F1.

---------------------

Take It Easy or Desperado to end a show?

Thanks FP. I hate that Don doesn't play drums on a lot of songs, but he probably doing that to give his back a break. So I understand that if that's the reason. Now Glenn. I would love to see him on the keys or half and half like he did for years. I'm just glad he hasn't given up playing keys on ICTYW. Even Joe isn't on the organ that much. It was cool to see him on the keys on NKIT in the HOTE DVD concert. Too bad he doesn't do that anymore either.

Desperado.

Don's vocal range: singing low on King Of Hollywood or falsetto(high) on Fast Company.