Page 187 of 213 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Dang, I have missed it twice now...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Me too, ETG. But, I haven't been watching the Olympics so I guess that explains it. However, if this keeps up, I may have to tune in.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Saw that tomorrow with the Olympics it's the ice dancing competition so there's a good chance that Canadian pair will use their same routine they did for the team event short-program that included "Hotel California". The men and pairs did use the same routines they did for the team event for their individual competitions too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Saw that tomorrow with the Olympics it's the ice dancing competition so there's a good chance that Canadian pair will use their same routine they did for the team event short-program that included "Hotel California". The men and pairs did use the same routines they did for the team event for their individual competitions too.
    I still have not heard Hotel California at the Olympics yet, but I did hear Fleetwood Mac's Dreams in the background during the women's halfpipe last night.

While shopping in Home Depot this weekend, my husband said stop, listen; I did and heard nothing, he said just listen...then finally I heard it Heartache Tonight was playing. He is such a sweetie and watches out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I was watching the CMA awards last night and one of the commercials was for the Cars 3 dvd/Blue-ray—and the trailer they used was the one with Take It to the Limit.
    Yeah it was used for the movie.

(Slightly OT) What happens when a famous song like this comes on a kids' movie? Immature comments section on YouTube happens! Idk, if you TITL is blocked on YT for you, but if it isn't, look at the comments: "oMg cArS 3 brught me here!!!", "I onLy care about cars 3, not this song lol". Kids on YouTube is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Ruining the sanctity of the comments sections of so much music. It's even worse if a song comes on video games. Oh god, I play video games and know a lot, and when this happens, it gets ridiculous!
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Yeah it was used for the movie.

(Slightly OT) What happens when a famous song like this comes on a kids' movie? Immature comments section on YouTube happens! Idk, if you TITL is blocked on YT for you, but if it isn't, look at the comments: "oMg cArS 3 brught me here!!!", "I onLy care about cars 3, not this song lol". Kids on YouTube is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Ruining the sanctity of the comments sections of so much music. It's even worse if a song comes on video games. Oh god, I play video games and know a lot, and when this happens, it gets ridiculous!
    It was used for the trailer but not the movie itself, unfortunately.

IDK, I remember seeing a lot of positive comments overall about the song, posters wanting to know the title, talking about how emotional it is, etc. I think it’s cool when kids get exposed to old hit songs.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I heard The Last Worthless Evening in the grocery store today!

I was checking our apartments in San Francisco a few months ago and the landlord's phone rang... It was the beginning sax of The One You Love. I just about died laughing (inside, of course...).

I don't think he expected a 25 year old dude to know that song, so we shared a moment... and then I didn't get the apartment .

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We are fortunate enough to have a non-profit oldies station close that not only plays songs from the fifties to the seventies, they routinely play things not normally heard on the radio.

When was the last time you heard "Midnight Flyer" on the radio? The first time we heard the station play it, husband did a quick check to make sure it wasn't the CD playing.