Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    FP, with all due respect during this time of sadness, these men have played music together for over 40 years, and are still active. Just consider the concept that they may wish to continue to do so. They have earned the right to do whatever the heck they want. Perform what they want, with whom they want. Nothing that they do can detract from Glenn's contribution, talent, or legacy. In fact, it highlights how good of a singer he was.

No song should be precious. I hope lots of people continue to perform Glenn's songs in lots of settings, even various combinations of Don and TBS, Don and Joe, Joe and TBS and whoever else. It is a tribute to him, and I don't think fans should presume to tell them that there isn't a point to them playing together or performing Glenn's songs.

Having said all of that, I highly doubt they'll "tour," (and playing with JD or Jackson just sounds like a horrible idea) but I also don't see them not performing together again and not including Eagles songs, for goodness sake. In grieving Glenn's loss, I don't think you realize how disrespectful your posts are to Don, Joe and Tim. I would think you would want to support them in whatever they decide to do going forward.

And no, my thought process in no way, shape or form aligns with Funk's.

Do you think its bad form for Timothy to sing PEF as a tribute to Glenn? I don't, and I don't think anybody cares if he doesn't sound as good.
    I support them in whatever they do as long as they don't do a tour referring to themselves as 'Eagles' with Glenn's songs being sung by someone else. How is that disrespectful to them? It's realistic, that's all. There is a time where this all has to be let go and they have to realise that part of their life is over & it can't ever be brought back. Led Zeppelin did & they didn't lose their frontman & one of the two main singers. Glenn was not just anybody.

Of course I agree with Tim doing PEF & I agreed with Joe doing TITTL. In that setting, during solo shows, it's fine by me. But Don has said he won't sing Glenn's songs & he is ultimately the one who would decide on such a venture.

I agree that Glenn's songs should still be performed, so that they will not be forgotten. I just have a problem with any sort of tour. One or two tribute shows is what I have wanted all along. NB I just saw your next post & I agree that whatever they do will be tasteful, etc. I will leave it at that.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And I don't think that will happen either. There might be one tribute show. I fail to understand why these men would even consider touring without Glenn no matter how they billed themselves. What would be the point of it? Without Glenn's songs, contrary to what was so rudely stated, a great deal of what they had as a band is gone. Henley does't want to sing his songs even in solo shows. Walsh doesn't have the voice for it & I doubt the other two would wish to either. An 'Eagles' show without Glenn & without his songs. I don't even begin to understand why some think this could occur. Unless you want Browne or Souther to sing Glenn's songs. While this would be predictable, it would also be pointless in my view.

As for the post now being discussed, I had my response to it, which may have been too emotional, so thanks to Austin & Soda for giving it the treatment it deserved (or didn't deserve).
    A lot of those songs that Glenn sang were Henley/Frey compositions. Don H may be quite happy for those songs to be put on the shelf and not performed again. Or, he may feel that they shouldn't be and consider the options for performing them. It could be that Don H would consider it disrespectful to perform those songs again, or he eventually may consider it disrespectful to never perform them again and may look for opportunities to do so.

It's easy to argue both sides. What we don't know, and what Don H perhaps doesn't know himself, is what he'll feel about it in a year's, or two year's, or three year's time. One thing I believe: Don H is key, and if he decides he wants to do it, the others will do it. Whatever "it" is. EDIT: I personally don't expect that "it" would be a full tour or even single concert under the Eagles banner. I think it more likely that members may tour together under their own names, as Glenn & Joe did.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 10-19-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I support them in whatever they do as long as they don't do a tour referring to themselves as 'Eagles' with Glenn's songs being sung by someone else. How is that disrespectful to them? It's realistic, that's all. There is a time where this all has to be let go and they have to realise that part of their life is over & it can't ever be brought back. Led Zeppelin did & they didn't lose their frontman & one of the two main singers. Glenn was not just anybody.

Of course I agree with Tim doing PEF & I agreed with Joe doing TITTL. In that setting, during solo shows, it's fine by me. But Don has said he won't sing Glenn's songs & he is ultimately the one who would decide on such a venture.

I agree that Glenn's songs should still be performed, so that they will not be forgotten. I just have a problem with any sort of tour. One or two tribute shows is what I have wanted all along. NB I just saw your next post & I agree that whatever they do will be tasteful, etc. I will leave it at that.
    Agree with you 100% here, FP. Except that's not what you stated in your prior post - what you said was, "I fail to understand why these men would even consider touring without Glenn no matter how they billed themselves." Like you don't think they should perform together, regardless of the context.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Agree with you 100% here, FP. Except that's not what you stated in your prior post - what you said was, "I fail to understand why these men would even consider touring without Glenn no matter how they billed themselves." Like you don't think they should perform together, regardless of the context.
    OK, the key word there is 'touring'. I would be happy for them to perform together as a tribute. If they wish to perform together in various combinations at any time that's fine by me. I am totally against anything billed as 'Eagles'.

I personally don't believe that we should say what the Eagles should or shouldn't do. Within limits. (And I'm not going to give an example of something that perhaps everyone would think wrong.)

If the surviving Eagles do decide to tour as Eagles, then that in my opinion is their choice. I would not criticise them for it, or even think it wrong.

Note: I don't expect it to happen. But, it's fully their choice. And in reality, I suspect it's Don H's choice.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I personally don't believe that we should say what the Eagles should or shouldn't do. Within limits. (And I'm not going to give an example of something that perhaps everyone would think wrong.)

If the surviving Eagles do decide to tour as Eagles, then that in my opinion is their choice. I would not criticise them for it, or even think it wrong.

Note: I don't expect it to happen. But, it's fully their choice. And in reality, I suspect it's Don H's choice.
    I don't see the harm in giving our opinions on what they should do. Obviously, they're not going to have and effect on the band's decision, but we're entitled to our opinions.

I agree that it will ultimately be Don's decision, although I'm sure Joe, TBS, and possibly Bernie would have a say, and I'm even more sure that DH would take Glenn's family's wishes into consideration.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I can't imagine that they would ever want to tour as the Eagles again. It's up to them, but I just don't think they ever will. Maybe a one off tribute to Glenn.

I would not be interested in seeing the Eagles without Glenn. Or Don H for that matter.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I don't see the harm in giving our opinions on what they should do. Obviously, they're not going to have and effect on the band's decision, but we're entitled to our opinions.

I agree that it will ultimately be Don's decision, although I'm sure Joe, TBS, and possibly Bernie would have a say, and I'm even more sure that DH would take Glenn's family's wishes into consideration.
    Giving opinions is fine. However, some of the posts I read do sound to me a little bit more like moral judgements than personal opinions. In some cases, rather absolute moral judgements.

Border Desperado

AT, I am completely with you dude, but I just finished trying to fight this fruitless battle yesterday.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I've lit some incense to promote peaceful vibes in here.