Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Well he certainly called out a surprise by singing 'The Last Resort' during his European tour. I'd always hoped I'd have gotten to see it live but never thought it would so I was delighted with that.
    I never really thought Deacon taking his fathers place would be either suitable or viable for the band. Maybe for a specific tribute but not as a working member of the band. I'm glad Don has clarified that. I'd rather remember the Eagles as they were in all their spleandour - not as a band trying to redefine itself. TBH It wouldn't work.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I am glad that Don has clarified the situation about Deacon. I agree that I'd be happy for him to perform Glenn's songs in a one-off show or similar, but I personally don't think it would be right on an extended tour. I am glad that he is performing some of the less obvious Eagles songs in his show, although I think he's also made some surprising choices with his solo songs (Shangri-La has been played at quite a few shows IIRC, as has How Bad Do You Want It, whereas a big hit like ASWTDID hasn't been a permanent fixture). With regards to the press, I can only quote Don's own lyrics from Frail Grasp On The Big Picture - 'That ain't what's going on - journalism dead and gone...'

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Get out! He sang Already Gone and Lyin Eyes? I never knew that. Was this in the 80s? I know some songs that haven't been performed by the band since the 70s are Tryin, Certain Kind of Fool, Too Many Hands, Earlybird, Twenty-One, Get Up Kate and Journey of the Sorcerer.
    Disclaimer: I am not saying Don should or will be or could be considering performing these songs. I'm just trying to answer Shun's question. Though it would be fun to see Don and his band break into JOS.

Edit: oops, I forgot about Nightingale, that's another one.
    To my knowledge there's at least two threads on songs the Eagles never played live - this one has what I think is a definitive list of these:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=3243

If we are considering ones that they haven't played live since the 1971-80 era, then this includes every other Randy vocal bar Take It To The Limit and every other Bernie song except Train Leaves Here This Morning. There's probably quite a few more - off the top of my head and without checking setlists.com or anything like that, apart from Bernie/Randy vocals and the ones you've already mentioned, I think the following probably have not been played:

- Chug All Night
    - Out Of Control
    - Outlaw Man
    - You Never Cry Like A Lover
    - Good Day In Hell
    - After The Thrill Is Gone (IIRC this was only played at the Cranston benefit shows)
    - King Of Hollywood
    - The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks

Several of those are Glenn vocals, but maybe one night he'll decide that the time has come to perform Greeks again!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Clarification from Don:

Henley said that while there will be plenty of Eagles songs in his solo tour of arenas and wineries when it comes to Australia in March, he was adamant that without Frey there is no future for the band. He also hosed down speculation that Frey’s son, Deacon, could potentially replace his father in the Eagles line-up.

“I’m sorry I brought that up,” he said. “The press took it, made a whole big deal of it, but there is nothing like that in the works. I haven’t spoken to his son about that. His son is quite talented — but he is only 22 years old so there are no plans in that regard.”
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/entert...c3041b92c5f604
    Glad Don clarified that for those who were confused. Sadly, I doubt this will get even a fraction of the press that the misrepresented quote did.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

There is a similar situation at the moment with some of Phil Collins' words being twisted to mean that Genesis Are Reforming.

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

I changed the title of this thread to reflect Henley's recent statement that there will NOT be a "new" version of the Eagles with Deacon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

I still hope that various Eagles members do decide to play together at some time. At least as guest artists at each other's concerts, or similar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I changed the title of this thread to reflect Henley's recent statement that there will NOT be a "new" version of the Eagles with Deacon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html
    I detect a bit of relish there sodascouts , I never really took the Deacon idea seriously.
    It looks like Jackson Browne

“This is a great band even if it went on without Glenn,”....."I see how the band could go forward without Glenn.”
    and Irving Azoff
    “I think Henley was the guy that came up with the words ‘when hell freezes over,’” he says and pauses. “If hell can freeze over, pigs can fly. I’d never say never.”
    will attempt to convince Don and company that the Eagles do have a future. I think one of Don's great qualities is that he's con-vincible.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, even though Don stated at the beginning of the article that they would NOT go out since it was Glenn's band, JB and Irving leave room for possibility...

I just wish they wouldn't do that.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I agree, Brooke. I had hoped that Irving would have enough respect for Glenn to accept that the end of the Eagles has come with Glenn's passing. I guess he is still out for the almighty dollar.

I was surprised at Jackson's remarks that the band could continue without Glenn.

Border Troubadour

I do wonder what Joe and TBS's thoughts on the matter are. I think a big question, which sadly can't be definitively answered now, is what would Glenn want the other three (and Irving et al) to do? It's obvious that he cared for the band as an entity so deeply and with his son at the helm would he have been happy to pass on the role so to speak? Obviously there's also the psychology of the others to consider but I do think it's quite an important aspect of proceedings.