Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Default Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

I looked all over the board, didn't see this posted.... There were many links - http://www.nme.com/news/the-eagles/96715

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

The original interview with the Montreal Gazette was posted in the Henley press thread. It was also discussed here

Other press outlets have picked it up and most are reporting it without going back to the source and are losing the context.

Out on the Border

I joined a few days ago after the Kennedy centers hoopla...

I think a tour without Felder now thatFrey is gone would be stupid

Banned

some major contributors here are deeply offended, maybe even feel threatened, by the the idea of the Eagles continuing without Glenn.

With some guys, their word is their bond. I don't think that's the case with Henley. I think he was just pondering the answer to a question out loud.
    Joe has said the Kennedy Center Honors would serve as a fitting closure for the Eagles. Timothy has said he'd be uncomfortable with the idea of doing anything as "The Eagles".

I don't know what Glenn's son thinks of the idea, "Pukin'" is probably an understatement.

In the 80s theindividual members of the band were asked constantly about an Eagles Reunion. If anything, maybe with the immediacy of media now, they've faced even more questions on the issue since Glenn died, although I don't think music fans are as eager now for an Eagles reunion as they were before HFO.

Henley spoke in the documentary about the Eagles having a second act, would they chance a third?

I'm sure, if any are asked whether they are in or out, they'll answer, in.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

'Eagles' reforming is one thing, and unlikely IMHO. I wonder if any of the Eagles will play, write, and/or record together again. Certainly tours with more than one ex-Eagle have happened before.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Don's statement was taken way out of context. It was a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question. Don has said the Eagles are over. I know that's a tough pill to swallow for some, but facts are facts. It is just as ludicrous a thought to go on without Glenn as it is to go on without Don.

Stuck on the Border

They are almost seventy years old. I just can't get into this "some time in the future..." way of thinking myself. Even if Glenn was still alive I wouldn't expect them to go on any longer, even though they would still be good live. They certainly have left their mark already. But especially with Glenn gone I don't get why a great band who accomplished everything should reunite yet again. I think they still have things to say individually and perhaps they should concentrate on that stuff before they're running out of time (pun intended).

Border Rebel

I can see it maybe as a short-term, tribute to Glenn kind of thing, but definitely not long-term and I doubt it would be billed as the Eagles. Maybe the Eagles' kids (Eaglets) can get together and form a band ...

Stuck on the Border

Agreed. Short-term? Perhaps. Long-term? Nah.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree Don meant short term and more than likely a tribute concert for Glenn. The media has just twisted this on their own like they always do.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."