Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Favorite quotes from all members

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: Favorite quotes from all members

Glenn: "Perfectionism is not an accident."
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Here another one of my favorite Glenn lyrics ...

'Be part of something good, leave something good behind.'

Well - he sure did live up to these words many times over!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Glenn in 1986:
    “So if you hear about an Eagles reunion — you can bet your life that I've got income tax problems.”

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Glenn in 1986:
    “So if you hear about an Eagles reunion — you can bet your life that I've got income tax problems.”
    , so that's the reason they reunited!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

For Joe's birthday I remembered one of my favourite quotes from him:

''You know, there’s a philosopher who says, “As you live your life, it appears to be anarchy and chaos, and random events, non-related events, smashing into each other and causing this situation or that situation, and then, this happens, and it’s overwhelming, and it just looks like what in the world is going on ? And later, when you look back at it, it looks like a finely crafted novel. But at the time, it don’t.''

I think this is very, very true!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love that quote!!! I totally agree with that too especially being an author myself. Thanks for posting that JCL.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I don't think I'd class this as a favourite but it's certainly interesting. It's Bob Seger quoting Glenn in Rolling Stone's Oral history:
    "Your career is a harsh mistress."

I'm quite surprised that it came from Glenn. I can see how it must have been hard for Randy and Don Felder to combine their career with having a family but Glenn generally gave the impression of loving the musician lifestyle.

Out on the Border
    Some sort of inn.. A monkey wearing a fancy scarf above me.. I’ll just order some wine I guess

Glenn in 1986:
    That's great, but I also like this quote about the same matter, where Glenn's opinion seems 100% changed!
    “If the Eagles were to get back together, it would have to be for the right reasons. I think it would look awful if it were just for the money.”
    Sounds very good to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Other folks on this forum recalled that's how guitarist Danny Kortchmar described James Taylor. Apparently the reference is even older! Jazz musician Zoot Sims described legendary saxophonist Stan Getz as "a nice bunch of guys" as a consequence of his erratic behavior (i.e., he could be a dick, among other things).

Anyway, it's a great line. I'd steal it too.
    Exactly . I didn't know about that, thanks. I'm not too shocked that it wasn't from Glenn originally as there have been so many people around and they all have to say something. That's why I like this quote from Glenn:
    “I think it would be nice to sell 15 million albums as a solo artist. I'd have to deal with all the repercussions of that, but that wouldn't be too bad.”
    It sounds genuinely like his type of humor and I just like that. Glenn had so many great quotes, I realise.

Thanks for posting all these great sayings, it's been a pleasure to read through all of them.

Glenn: Good evening, we're the Eagles from Los Angeles...
    Joe: Hey tell you what, if you got firecrackers, save 'em until you get home, lock yourself in the closet and light everything you got okay?
    Glenn: ... Thank you Joe!

Glenn in 1986:
    Did he really say this? LOL...that's a great one!!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I don't think I'd class this as a favourite but it's certainly interesting. It's Bob Seger quoting Glenn in Rolling Stone's Oral history:
    "Your career is a harsh mistress."

I'm quite surprised that it came from Glenn. I can see how it must have been hard for Randy and Don Felder to combine their career with having a family but Glenn generally gave the impression of loving the musician lifestyle.
    I think that comes from an older source as well. I remember an interviewer in the 1980s asking J. Geils singer Peter Wolf how he balances his dual vocations in music and art (he's a painter), and he responded, "Art is a harsh mistress." He was quoting someone else, and numerous people (including Patti Smith) have borrowed it.

Then there's the 1966 Robert Heinlein book, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"; I'm sure that must figure into it somehow, and a Jimmy Webb song of the same title, covered by Linda Ronstadt. There is nothing new under the sun!