Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Bowie

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: David Bowie

The "Five Years" documentary mentioned upthread is on VH1 tonight at 9pm East Coast time.

I saw his documentary on VH1 Classic this past weekend. I thought it was going to be the 90 minute version from BBC, but it was the Showtime version stretch.

Also some happy news in David's family. David was going to be a first time grandpa before he died. From the article I read, Duncan told David and Iman on Christmas. I know its going to be bittersweet, but also a celebration when baby Jones comes into the world in June. He or she has an angel watch over them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...rebar_facebook

Out on the Border

Hunky Dory is a brilliant album, not a bad track. I also love pin ups, his covers album, which is also brilliant.

Iman posted on her facebook this morning that today would had been hers and David's 24th wedding anniversary. I know this is a sad day for her. Celebrating the first major event since his death. Then she will be a grandma sometime this month from her stepson, Duncan Jones. Its going to be a happy and bittersweet moment knowing David won't be there to see his first grandchild. I read from an article that he did know the sex of his grandchild.

I just feel for Iman and also Cindy(Celine too). You just want to hug these ladies.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-07-2016 at 07:05 AM.

Shun, you're a sweetheart. And I agree, you just want to give them all a big hug, bless their hearts.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Iman posted the cutest picture of David and Lexi when she was just born. It was just soo cute. It made me sad that Lexi and Duncan couldn't say Happy Father's Day yesterday.

I was thinking of Iman, Cindy, Celine and all the wives of the stars who died this year. Iman had spent her first big day without David on Mother's Day and their anniversary just this month. For Cindy, her birthday, Mother's Day, Taylor's birthday etc.

Today is the 12th anniversary of David's last concert show ever. It was at the Hurricane Festival in Germany. That night he would collapse after the show. He was known to have a heart attack a few day earlier and I think he had another one that night. David would never go back on tour after this day. I think his last time he was ever on a stage was 2006.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david...-last-concert/

Wow...

Yesterday was the 31st Anniversary of Live Aid. I remembered watching some of it when I was 5 years old. I remembered watching Queen's set.

Here's David's set. He and Queen had that audience in the palm of their hands. Like I said on my facebook page, the guy was a sharp dresser and he had some great hair.

RIP David.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQkaI6DT3s

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I think Live Aid was the first time I ever stayed up all night without sleeping. I've only ever done it a few more times in my entire life.