Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20th year Anniversary of the Eagles reuniting for the Take It Easy video.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: 20th year Anniversary of the Eagles reuniting for the Take It Easy video.

this video makes me laugh and mile everytime I see it and will be forever greatful to Travis Tritt and love the glenn butt shot

Default Re: 20th year Anniversary of the Eagles reuniting for the Take It Easy video.

As we kinda brought closure and close the door to what would probably be the last time we ever see the guys together as one this past weekend(well until the 27th for us as we see it on tv), we opened a new door 23 years ago as the Long Run lineup took part in Travis Tritt's music video of Take It Easy.

I am very thankful for Travis bringing up a crazy idea that the record company laughed at and thought the guys wouldn't agree to it. A crazy idea which did happen and he brought the guys back together and led to the HFO special 4 months later.

If It wasn't for him(and probably Irving too), we wouldn't have that wonderful 22 year crazy ride. A ride that last longer than the first ride. Or what Don said in HOTE:

"There's been a lot of conjecture about how and why we got back together. We began to realise that we'd been away for 14 years. Maybe we could have that rarest of things in American life, which is a second act. You know, a second chance.
    We don't know if the guys would had gotten back together. Maybe they would had. Maybe it would had been many years later. We just don't know, but I'm very thankful for those 22 years we had with the guys as a group. I'm happy and grateful for that second act and second chance."
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-06-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Stuck on the Border

I am still hoping that if they do a tribute show for Glenn we will indeed see them alll together again.

From a purely guitar nerd standpoint, I've always hated how the guitar player on record slid UP to the notes, as opposed to a more pedal steel like bending up to them. That, plus the chorus effect (which was slathered on country back then) is offputting. But Travis sings it so well and the fact it brought the guys together is a good thing. But every time I hear that intro riff of TT's version I cringe slightly (ok, a lot, lol).

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    From a purely guitar nerd standpoint, I've always hated how the guitar player on record slid UP to the notes, as opposed to a more pedal steel like bending up to them. That, plus the chorus effect (which was slathered on country back then) is offputting. But Travis sings it so well and the fact it brought the guys together is a good thing. But every time I hear that intro riff of TT's version I cringe slightly (ok, a lot, lol).
    Well, this is what often irritates me, especially when the original thing really works. I'm not talking about the Eagles, but every band/guitarist in the world. It seems to me that when you play a song another guitarist originally played, there are certain things you just HAVE to do to "make it your own":

1) If the original guitarist bent a note, slide it up or do a hammer-on
    2) If the original guitarist slid up a note, bend it or do a hammer-on
    3) If the original guitarist did a hammer-on, slide it up or bend it
    4) To add more feeling and more of your "personal touch", play every second note a little late.

WHATEVER YOU DO, don't EVER do the same thing the original guitarist did, however beautiful the original performance was.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-07-2016 at 11:02 PM.