Page 108 of 114 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1134

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    Went to see Ringo last week. Always fun to see a Beatle in concert. They are such a big part of musical history! Of course the whole place sang along with every Beatle song. So much fun. His All Starr band was Todd Rundgren, guitar player from Toto, keyboard player from Santana, guitar player from Mister Mister. ( Sorry, I don't know their names.)So they each did a few of their hits. They sounded good, but the Beatle songs were definitely the highlights.
    Last night we saw the Doobie Brothers and Peter Frampton. They both sounded great, but I enjoyed the Doobie Brothers a little more because I knew every song. Peter Frampton was really good, but I didn't know some of his songs. I never realized what an awesome guitar player he is. Austin, if you get the chance to see him, go. You. would really appreciate him. He really seemed to be having a great time playing. I love to see that. He had some tough times for a while there, so it's nice to see him doing what he loves.
    I also saw the Ringo Concert. Were you at the Beacon Theater? We really enjoyed it too. Last year, I saw Frampton, who had Don Felder as a guest. This was also at the Beacon & was a great show.

As for Frampton, he was considered a young guitar aficionado back when he was 17 or so. He joined Humble Pie at a very young age when Steve Marriot recognized his talent. I think it was one of the big producers that convinced him to go solo, but his album kind of made him into a pretty boy star, which I don't think was the image he was after. He's really one of those great blues guitar players almost in the league of Eric Clapton.

TK we saw Ringo at the Count Basis Theater in Red Bank. It's very similar to the Beacon. A nice small venue.
    We saw Jon Bon Jovi there on Wednesday. It was a benefit for a local health clinic. It wasn't the Bon Jovi band. It was Jon and a group of local musicians called the Kings of Suburbia. They played some Bon Jovi songs and a lot of classic rock songs. It was great seeing him so close to home. He lives in our township and the Count Basie is in the next town over. It probably took him 5 minutes to get home. Southside Johnny come out and did a few songs too. I don't really consider myself a Bon Jovi fan, but I am a Jon Bon Jovi fan. He has done so much for our community over the years. I loved the show and I think he looks pretty good for a fifty something year old man. A nice Jersey boy!

Glad you had a good time, SG!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Had ticket to Paul McCartney but it's 99 degrees in the shade today and the venue is all outdoors! So I gave up the ticket, I'm bummed but the University had such strict restrictions you couldn't even bring in water and they wanted you there in your seat 2-3 hours before he started. Bummed out!

Too bad, DJ. He's so good!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DJ, that's awful! So sorry!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Oh, I'm so sorry DJ! That is a bummer.

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

So sorry, DJ!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Houston is a buzz of excitement with One Direction being in town for their concert tonight. They have been here a couple of days checking out some sights & I guess rehearsing.
    Wonder if they will still be popular 40 years later like our guys?

IMO, no way. They are nothing more than a boy band and will NOT stand the test of time, same with this other autotuned pop stuff that is out. There is no substance to their music.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."