Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Here is another interview with Vince Gill.

What songs are you singing in the set?
    "Lyin' Eyes," "New Kid in Town," "Take It to the Limit" and "Heartache Tonight."
    http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...at-fit-w488389

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Mr. Gill is stepping carefully

RS: Has there been any talk of past members like Bernie Leadon showing up to play?

VG: I'm not privy to any of the inner workings. I speak when spoken to.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

RS: Has there been any talk of past members like Bernie Leadon showing up to play?

Can't blame him a bit...

Stuck on the Border

Me either.......

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That was a really good interview with him and more details on everything that's been happening. Had a feeling he'd do LE, TITTL, and NKIT, but a bit surprised at HT. I would image that means Deacon will be singing TIE, Already Gone, and PEF at least.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I had a feeling with Take It TO The Limit since that song is kinda in his range.

Its going to be interesting with Heartache Tonight.

New Kid In Town. I can see Vince nailing "and you're still around" line.

Lyin' Eyes. That's not really a high song. Vince might have to drop down a key, but he can.

Vince might still sing PEF, but it could be up in the air since everybody except Joe has sung PEF now.

29 more days until Classic West.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

If i'd have to guess, that probably means he won't be there
    Save

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    If i'd have to guess, that probably means he won't be there
    Save
    I can see several reasons for Bernie not being there, but none sounds particularly good to me. But to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, the Eagles don't really need 5 guitar players. Also, these two shows are likely to be considerably shortened from the typical show so I'm thinking it'll be pretty much a straightforward "hits" type thing. And lastly, which of Bernie's Eagles songs would they even play in a format like this. Nonetheless, I personally feel that he deserves to be there if that's his wish.

Thanks for posting that RS interview, ETG. I couldn't help but notice TITTL got a specific mention in the sub-headline.

I figured Vince would sing Heartache Tonight, especially after I remembered some of his less mellow work like One More Last Chance. I wish he wouldn't sing NKIT though. Nothing against Vince; I guess it's just my own bias b/c I love that song so much and I identify it with Glenn so much. I suppose this is how Glenn's superfans feel about all his songs. I'd rather Deacon sing NKIT.

It's nice they are keeping TITTL in the set. I'm glad someone is performing it since it's not in the Cars 3 movie, after all. (I saw it today).

It's looking more and more like Bernie won't be there. Bummer.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Here is another interview with Vince Gill.

Quote:
    What songs are you singing in the set?
    "Lyin' Eyes," "New Kid in Town," "Take It to the Limit" and "Heartache Tonight."

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...at-fit-w488389
    Great stuff from Vince. Fancy giving the game away about the set list.

If you remember Joe's video with Deacon and a bunch of GF trunks, there were a couple of BL trunks on show too, so I wouldn't totally write off Bernie being involved. Probably not for the Classic shows though.

I hope Deacon's getting on OK with his assignments. With Skype and video conferencing etc, live rehearsals aren't so important but it's great to know the band have given themselves plenty of rehearsal time.

I expect Take It To The Limit and Heartache Tonight will sound more like the studio versions than they did on the HOTE tour.