Page 158 of 166 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Again, contrary to what some may think, those who are very much opposed to something the band does are entitled to their opinion. Seems to me that when some people are against what the band do, some are against those people feeling that way. There are enough supporters of the current lineup here IMO. There's no need for everyone to feel the same.

EDIT:

Someone said that the same amount of people would attend the concerts if they didn't use the name Eagles. Err.......I don't agree.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Dawn- I agree the classic concrets were money grabs (in my opinion one worth seeing), but the Eagles have not been above Money grabbing before and are notorious for it. Glenn being a big part of that. I choose not to judge him for it but I also choose not to judge the current lineup for trying to make money
    I would agree with this, but IMO it's a whole other level when they are doing it without Glenn. But I won't deny they've always been money hungry. So maybe I shouldn't be as surprised as I am. But I just feel it cheapens the name to continue under the name without Glenn there. I feel it hurts their legacy.

I'm torn on whether or not I will support the Eagles financially in the future outside of anything to do with the new lineup.

Case in point, normally I wouldn't have thought twice about buying the newly announced 40th Anniversary Hotel California deluxe remaster for 99 bucks. Because honestly I would love to have it but I won't lie, I'm having a hard time doing it because I feel like not only I'd feel hypocritical, look hypocritical, and it would be supporting them still, though not related to the new lineup. I realize Glenn's family would get some of the profits (but they do with the concerts) but I still struggle with the idea of buying this. But, it's also classic Eagles and I want it badly. I really hate to think of how it got to this point, where normally I wouldn't even think twice. Now I'm battling my emotions on it and my own multiple views. I'm leaning towards passing on it, but it does have Glenn and his family would see some of that and it's my favorite record of all time and I'd love to have it.

I have thought long and hard about posting on this thread. I'm not a big fan of conflict and this thread has a lot of that in it but I decided to go ahead and give my two cents on why I'm "pro" current lineup. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on whether or not the Eagles should continue to tour and use the name. I don't want to belittle or dismiss anyone's feelings on the matter. This is just my own thoughts.

I never saw the band live while Glenn was alive but from watching dvds, he had a spark that can never be replaced nor should it be replaced. However, that being said, I'm fine with the band currently going on under the name of Eagles. It's morbid to think about, but we don't know how much longer we will have Don, or Joe, or Timothy around. I for one will enjoy the band for as long as I can.

I became more than a casual fan because of the interest surrounding Deacon playing in the band. I researched more and fell in love with the band that Glenn started. I bought the cds and the dvds and I'm grateful to the current lineup for opening my eyes to all the wonderful things Glenn and the Eagles have done.
    Last edited by Magnolia; 10-12-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Banned

I've been disappointed with Eagles 3.0 so far but I haven't totally given up on them yet. I'm interested in seeing them live if they're gonna play the whole of the Hotel California album, maybe Good Day In Hell too. It's sad that Glenn wont be there, I'm guessing that Randy wont be able to cut it anymore and Felder's still too distant. I'm sure the Eagles can still put on a marvelous show.

The HFO Tour showed the entertainment industry that it was possible to sell very expensive tickets in huge venues if enough was invested in the show.

Joe's just been in Japan with Irving and David Beckham, trying to get them to invest in better concert infrastructure, I presume so the Eagles will be able to put on some shows there in future.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think Deacon being there, for some people, is enough to win them back from feeling like we do.
    Yes - they're very lucky Glenn had a son who can sing and play guitar.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm torn on whether or not I will support the Eagles financially in the future outside of anything to do with the new lineup.

Case in point, normally I wouldn't have thought twice about buying the newly announced 40th Anniversary Hotel California deluxe remaster for 99 bucks. Because honestly I would love to have it but I won't lie, I'm having a hard time doing it because I feel like not only I'd feel hypocritical, look hypocritical, and it would be supporting them still, though not related to the new lineup. I realize Glenn's family would get some of the profits (but they do with the concerts) but I still struggle with the idea of buying this. But, it's also classic Eagles and I want it badly. I really hate to think of how it got to this point, where normally I wouldn't even think twice. Now I'm battling my emotions on it and my own multiple views. I'm leaning towards passing on it, but it does have Glenn and his family would see some of that and it's my favorite record of all time and I'd love to have it.
    Sweetie, it is not hypocritical at all. You and I are still Eagles fans, as is everyone else who is not supportive of what is now calling themselves the Eagles.

There is no need to boycott re-releases as they have nothing to do with what is now going on. You are not only depriving yourself of what you love, but you are boycotting the work of the very person whose contribution they are deeming unnecessary by continuing (which is the entire problem I have with this - I feel Glenn is necessary for it to be the Eagles).

Stuck on the Border

Amen Soda. I told Austin he should buy it and not feel guilty about it. It's his favorite album.
    I also think that without Deacon this would never be happening.
    As a side note - I wonder if Taylor or Otis can sing and play an instrument. I know Taylor is an actress and Otis has fooled around on drums. I mean sing and play like Deacon, who is a very talented kid.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 10-12-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Taylor can sing quite well. I don't know about Otis. I wonder how he feels... but I don't want to get off topic.

At any rate, I certainly plan on getting the re-release. In fact, I'm even going to get the $100 version!

Yes, the band hit pay dirt with Deacon. In fact, one might argue Deacon sealed the deal especially given Don Henley's statements.