The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Don Henley

Don Henley Cruise down a desert highway with Don Henley.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:37 AM   #1671
maryc2130
Border Rebel

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I saw the film when I went to the unveiling at Walden in September. It is an excellent film - VERY will done, with lots of beautiful shots of Walden. Robert Redford does a first-rate job of narrating it, but Don also does a good bit of narration and he looks and sounds great - very professional and knowledgeable, and of course, his lovely voice lends itself well to narration. I was hoping to go to the event, but being unemployed right now, even the $35 tickets are a little steep for me. I look forward to watching it again the next time I go to Walden, though.

I'm not sure who does Thoreau's voice on the film - it may be Redford,but I think it might a different actor. Whoever it is, he does a fantastic job!
maryc2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:52 PM   #1672
Dawn
Border Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
A little sneak peek of Walden, a 20 minute documentary. There's suppose to be a viewing of Walden on November 8th and Don will be there. I'm guessing Don is narrating it.

https://vimeo.com/240196293?mc_cid=5...eid=a7df910ab7
https://vimeo.com/240193355
Thank you for the update Shun. I am so excited about his documentary can not wait until it's released. Ken Burns is one of the best. Don and others are to be commended for their work .. listen, indeed.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #1673
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

An article about the Walden premiere last week. I read a few recaps from people who went last Wednesday and at the reception, some of them did get to meet Don. I guess the $100.00 VIP was worth it. I probably would had gone for that since that's not really expensive.

http://bcheights.com/2017/11/12/wald...e-modern-life/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #1674
East Texas Girl
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
An article about the Walden premiere last week. I read a few recaps from people who went last Wednesday and at the reception, some of them did get to meet Don. I guess the $100.00 VIP was worth it. I probably would had gone for that since that's not really expensive.

http://bcheights.com/2017/11/12/wald...e-modern-life/
That would have been nice to attend, Shun. BTW, I love your avatar! Those eyes, oh my.
East Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #1675
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Thanks. This is my favorite picture from the HFO era. I changed it in honored the HFO anniversary last week. I might keep it for a while.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
Old 11-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #1676
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Thank you for posting the article Shun. It seems this documentary wonít be released to the public but if itís only 20 minutes long, Iím not surprised. (the video link has already expired).

Quote:
Walden, the documentary, will be on display at the visitor center at Walden Woods, a location more than half a million people visit annually to learn about the life and legacy of Henry David Thoreau and transcendentalist philosophy as a whole. While the short documentary is effectively inaccessible to larger audiences, Henley teased he may be open to a larger preservation project in the years to come.

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #1677
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

There's a link to the 20 minute documentary, but I don't have the link on me at this moment. I will look for it. I know it on the vimeo website.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #1678
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

I found it. I post Walden in the video thread.