Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I'm sorry that this thread is the one hosting this discussion about the Beatles comparison...If Soda could move mine and the corresponding posts to Eagles 3.0 that'd be much appreciated by all. In the meantime, I'm going to respond to F50 one last time because he is off base by a long shot and I refuse to let that go.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I went ahead and moved the posts about The Beatles discussion over to the Eagles 3.0 thread per Austin's suggestion.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I went ahead and moved the posts about The Beatles discussion over to the Eagles 3.0 thread per Austin's suggestion.
    Thank you Dreamer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Ha ha, I bet all the bands playing at these shows are tired of playing the old hits and would love to play new stuff. LB may have stronger feelings about it though.

I hope this isn't too far OT; it's more related to post-show possibilities. This interview is essentially the same one I read in the L.A. Times a couple of weeks ago...but I don't recall any mention of an album?

https://www.wxhc.com/?p=28577

I also saw a tweet by Kenny Rogers giving these shows with Vince his stamp of approval.

I think at this point everybody involved with this summer's Classic East / West concerts will be expecting the Eagles to continue in some form after the shows but are happy to wait until the shows are over before deciding what they'll do next. No doubt Irving will offer them something.

Deacon Frey didn’t need convincing to step into his beloved father’s musical shoes: “They came to me with the idea, and it’s been really great. You guys are like my uncles. It’s another family we would have been missing (if the band did not continue). . . The first songs I learned on guitar were ‘Take It Easy’ and ‘Peaceful Easy Feeling.’ He was always very supportive and very encouraging of my music and my love for music. He got me a guitar when I was seven — a baby Taylor.”
    I wonder if Deacon mentions TIE and PEF as they're the songs he's been designated to sing. Vince has already revealed that he's singing, Lying Eyes, New Kid in Town, Take It to the Limit and Heartache Tonight, which leaves question marks over Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone and some Henley songs. No doubt Joe and Tim will provide their usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I wonder if Deacon mentions TIE and PEF as they're the songs he's been designated to sing. Vince has already revealed that he's singing, Lying Eyes, New Kid in Town, Take It to the Limit and Heartache Tonight, which leaves question marks over Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone and some Henley songs. No doubt Joe and Tim will provide their usual.
    It's quite possible that "Already Gone" will be dropped from the setlist. It's one of the harder songs to sing, and if Vince isn't singing it then that would leave Don to take the reins on it. Of course Deacon may be able be to pull it off.
    I would think he'd want to sing at least one rocker.

They'll be performing in 3 weeks. I imagine they are excited about performing together again yet it will be bittersweet at the same time.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Deacon probably will sing Already Gone. I just don't see them dropping Tequila Sunrise. Don said he was impressed with Deacon on Peaceful Easy Feeling. He probably let him sing that. If Vince is singing 5 songs, Deacon will probably sing the same amount.

I think the guys will probably sing their usually amount of songs and i don't expect a short setlist especially since they are headlining the festivals. Maybe 2 to 2 and a half hours to play. They have played festivals and fairs where they played for 3 hours and some even less. Glenn and Don usually have the same amount songs in the setlist. I don't see them cutting Don's songs, but I think they won't play Those Shoes, Doolin Dalton, Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise and Saturday Night.

Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers will probably have the shortest set.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Banned

I think it'd be an insult to Tim, who's been in the business since the 1960s, if Deacon sang more leads than Tim. Vince is a veteran who's paid his dues, Deacon's a novice.

Ideally, Vince and Deacon can find a couple of tracks that they can make their own rather than just fulfilling the major vocalist role. I wonder if either could pull off a decent vocal for Try And Love Again..

Despite the new additions, I think the biggest question marks are now whether Steuart Smith will be on stage, particularly if they continue to shun the Long Road Out Of Eden album, and what Henley is going to sing. Will he sing any solo hits or Cass County songs ? (he wrote Waiting Tables with Tim, No Thank You features Vince). Wasted Time and The Last Resort are strong contenders despite not making the HOTE set list. You can have too many ballads though, especially when there are other excellent artists, before you on the bill.

I've just checked a ticket selling site and it looks like it may be a 7 hr long show, so the Eagles could play a full set. The audience are going to need some endurance to get their full money's worth.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Deacon probably will sing Already Gone. I just don't see them dropping Tequila Sunrise. Don said he was impressed with Deacon on Peaceful Easy Feeling. He probably let him sing that. If Vince is singing 5 songs, Deacon will probably sing the same amount.

I think the guys will probably sing their usually amount of songs and i don't expect a short setlist especially since they are headlining the festivals. Maybe 2 to 2 and a half hours to play. They have played festivals and fairs where they played for 3 hours and some even less. Glenn and Don usually have the same amount songs in the setlist. I don't see them cutting Don's songs, but I think they won't play Those Shoes, Doolin Dalton, Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise and Saturday Night.

Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers will probably have the shortest set.
    I don't know if I quite see them doing 10 Glenn Frey songs. Glenn typically only sang lead on around 8 songs per concert.

If I had to guess, I would say you'll see
    Vince = LE, TITTL, HT, NKIT
    Deacon = PEF, TIE

As was stated above, I don't think Deacon will sing more than Tim. I can see Tim doing his 2 traditional songs LWKUA and ICTYW...plus either a solo song, or IDWTHA.

And Glenn and Don almost never had the same amount of leads. Don typically had 3 to 4 more leads per show.

HFO
    Don = 11
    Glenn = 8
    Joe = 6

HOTE
    Don = 11
    Glenn = 8
    Joe = 5
    Tim = 2
    Bernie = 1

LROOE
    Don = 12
    Glenn = 8
    Joe = 6
    Tim = 3

Millenium Tour
    Don = 12
    Glenn = 9
    Joe = 6
    Tim = 2

F1 is the only tour in recent years (since the resumption) where Glenn has been nearly the same in leads.
    Don = 11
    Glenn = 10
    Joe = 6
    Tim = 2

(I assigned Hole in the World and Seven Bridges Road to Don, but left No More Walk in the Wood out...since it's truly a choir song although Don and Tim really stand out to me)

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think it'd be an insult to Tim, who's been in the business since the 1960s, if Deacon sang more leads than Tim. Vince is a veteran who's paid his dues, Deacon's a novice.

Ideally, Vince and Deacon can find a couple of tracks that they can make their own rather than just fulfilling the major vocalist role. I wonder if either could pull off a decent vocal for Try And Love Again..

Despite the new additions, I think the biggest question marks are now whether Steuart Smith will be on stage, particularly if they continue to shun the Long Road Out Of Eden album, and what Henley is going to sing. Will he sing any solo hits or Cass County songs ? (he wrote Waiting Tables with Tim, No Thank You features Vince). Wasted Time and The Last Resort are strong contenders despite not making the HOTE set list. You can have too many ballads though, especially when there are other excellent artists, before you on the bill.

I've just checked a ticket selling site and it looks like it may be a 7 hr long show, so the Eagles could play a full set. The audience are going to need some endurance to get their full money's worth.
    I fully expect Don to do some solo material. If you look at the band's touring history since HFO (excluding HOTE), Don has performed at minimum 3 and more often 4 solo songs on tour.
    HFO= HOTM, BOS, ASWTDID, DL
    LROOE = BOS, DL, ASWTDID
    Millenium = BOS, SG, DL, ASWTDID
    F1 = BOS, SG, DL, ASWTDID

So, if I had to make a guess, based on data, (if he doesn't do any Cass County songs) I'd say he'll do at least the 3 he's done on every tour except HOTE, which would be BOS, DL, & ASWTDID

Stuck on the Border

Under the circumstances, I think they'll want to make this an "Eagles" show and keep the solo material to a minimum. If it's "Don Henley and friends", what's the point? After all, Henley has been and will (probably) continue to tour as a solo act.