Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Border Desperado

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post

Irving said their probably won't be a tour, but knowing Irving, his mind will change. I saw mostly positive tweets tonight.
    Do you think that's his real opinion, or a statement meant to try to encourage ticket sales for the Classic East show!

I mean if they were going on about a tour right now, they might lose some last minute sales, with people opting to wait until it was just the Eagles at a smaller and cheaper venue later in the year.

Border Desperado

I have been watching all the YouTube videos, and I have to say that I am pleased with the sound, the songs, and the new guys. Very well done.

I thought Deacon sounded Glenn-esque without sounding like an impersonator.
    PEF, and TIE were superb.

I thought Vince sounded real good, especially on NKIT and TITTL.

It seems that all but 3 songs are on YouTube, which was great.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Do you think that's his real opinion, or a statement meant to try to encourage ticket sales for the Classic East show!

I mean if they were going on about a tour right now, they might lose some last minute sales, with people opting to wait until it was just the Eagles at a smaller and cheaper venue later in the year.
    I don't know. Irving knows they are hot right now and there's a demand to see them(hence the Classic East/West festival), of course their will be a small tour down the road. Don said many times in interviews that if everything goes good and the response from these two dates are good, they could do more dates down the road and from the positive reviews I've seen, I do see them doing a little tour next year. I don't think this is the end yet.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I said it earlier and I will say it again - when Irving said they would not do anything beyond the festivals he was full of it. Irving is probably booking things right now. I expect an announcement about tour dates soon.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks, Shun. Vince sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I said it earlier and I will say it again - when Irving said they would not do anything beyond the festivals he was full of it. Irving is probably booking things right now. I expect an announcement about tour dates soon.
    So true, NTIK. That's why I didn't believe him. He also said the Eagles were done. Nope. I don't believe him in that.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I'm glad everyone had a great time! As for Irving, first and foremost I believe he is a businessman. The Eagles is a business. I expect to see The Classic East/West heavily marketed/promoted on the secondary market vis a vis a live concert DVD. They will keep touring. Midwest. South. Northwest. Overseas. How long is the unknown. Touring is where the money is. My guess is 2 years.
    Last edited by Dawn; 07-16-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree too and I think they probably will tour again. After seeing how this was done I'm happy with it and I would go if I can. I know I never saw them live with Glenn but I wouldn't mind knowing how this was done and if it was similar.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Book'em Irving !

Shun - On behalf of myself and everyone else here I would like to thank you for all the work you put into getting all these videos up for us. I am embarrassed to say I am somewhat "challenged" when it comes to that kind of stuff.

PS - I wish there there was a "like" icon.

Here's Life In The Fast Lane
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1q8fFNdtxw[/ame]

Already Gone. Deacon playing his dad's famous solo in this song and playing Old Black.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61qzKZIkdPY[/ame]

New Kid In Town. I can't remember if I already posted it.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4m7qjGJlPc[/ame]

The only videos I haven't seen yet are In The City, Funk 49, Life's Been Good, Witchy Woman and The Last Resort