Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago

Default Re: Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The original lineup is being inducted:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2016-...ame-inductees/
    So unless Peter decide to not show up and not participate, he's probably will be there. I went on his website to see if he have any dates in April. The good news is he doesn't at this moment. His last date is in February and then one more in May.

I'm guessing this will be the first time Peter playing with his former bandmates since he left in 1985. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

The original lineup is being inducted:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2016-...ame-inductees/
    That's a shame about Bill Champlin, a very underrated singer/songwriter. I enjoyed his contributions to the band, and I enjoy some of his solo work as well. I have "Sara" on my iPhone, and listen to it often.

Stuck on the Border

Personally I've never cared for Bill Champlin as a Chicago member. I liked some of what he did, but mostly I'm not a fan. He certainly ruined some of the old Chicago songs live with his oversinging. Having said that, it's an absolute disgrace that he's not inducted since he sung on some of the big hits that kept the band afloat in the 80's.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That was some pretty high praise from Irving. I've personally never been much of a fan of this band, but I do congratulate them on their induction.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It looks like Peter will be there in April. Its been long overdue. To tell the truth, I'm more a fan of the Cetera era than any other post Cetera era. I was a little kid when Peter left the group in 1985, but I was a fan of his music back in the 80s.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter...icago-reunion/

Stuck on the Border

Here's something I'd like to see that will never happen: If they play a song, Peter Cetera picks up a bass for the first time in decades and they play an early Chicago tune that someone else (well, Robert Lamm) sings. I would not love to see Peter not sing because I don't love his voice. It's that he was such a great bass player in the kind of music they played that I'd really love to see him as the bass player one more time. A lot of people would probably go, "What? He plays bass?" But it's not that PC longs for recognition as a bass player.

Incidentally there's another guy with the initials "PC" who is known as just a singer today, although he was also an essential player in a group.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Here's something I'd like to see that will never happen: If they play a song, Peter Cetera picks up a bass for the first time in decades and they play an early Chicago tune that someone else (well, Robert Lamm) sings. I would not love to see Peter not sing because I don't love his voice. It's that he was such a great bass player in the kind of music they played that I'd really love to see him as the bass player one more time. A lot of people would probably go, "What? He plays bass?" But it's not that PC longs for recognition as a bass player.

Incidentally there's another guy with the initials "PC" who is known as just a singer today, although he was also an essential player in a group.
    Who could you possibly be refering to Toni?!

To stay on topic Peter Cetera was out here last month doing a show at the State Theatre with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, just as Glenn did (although Glenn played the Opera House).

There has been a development in the Cetera situation:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter...nion-declined/
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-22-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Who could you possibly be refering to Toni?!

To stay on topic Peter Cetera was out here last month doing a show at the State Theatre with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, just as Glenn did (although Glenn played the Opera House).

There has been a development in the Cetera situation:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter...nion-declined/
    I was about to post about this. I guess either Peter still has bad blood with the band or he's too big stuff to do just one night with his former bandmates. It's not like he has anything schedule for that date at this moment. (I checked his website. He has no tour dates in April at this moment.

Oh well. I guess that's one reunion that will never happen.

Stuck on the Border

Very sad to hear this. As far as I know there's no bad blood, unless it's between Cetera and the brass/woodwind players.

I think Seraphine said in his book that he talked stuff over with Cetera after he (Seraphine) got fired. It seems to me that Lamm is very much a gentleman. Seraphine said in his book that when he was fired, the Chicago members were very cold about it, but Lamm actually called him and asked if he would like to hear what really went down. (Seraphine hung up.) Also, as I recall Seraphine said once that (he thinks) Lamm is under pressure from the band to keep a distance from him. Still, Lamm has been very encouraging when Seraphine has done stuff with California Transit Authority - Seraphine's band that plays old Chicago stuff.

So if there's bad blood between Cetera and some original Chicago members, I don't think Seraphine and Lamm are involved. And Loughnane seems such a sweetheart that I can't imagine anyone having problems with him for decades.

Stuck on the Border

Today (23th of December) Peter made a post on his website about the HOF thing - in his usual hilarious style:

http://petercetera.com/