Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

Well, in that case the HOF is responsible for the reunion if the group reunites at the ceremony. Fans hope for the reunions, but it's more likely to happen at the HOF than anywhere else, so yes, I guess they do get credit for it.
    Was there an "official statement" from HOF that they were trying to get G&R to reunite, I don't think so, but it could be a motive. I mean there's all kinds of financial & or political motives behind all this stuff.
    This is Eddie's opinion, not mine. He knows a lot more about it than I do, but I think he knows what he's talking about. I think he does know a lot of the people involved here. It's all speculation anyway.

Last edited by lizzyplays; 04-13-2012 at 03:05 PM.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Two words:

CLASS ACT

To me Axl's refusal to attend is all about supporting his current band, & not about the original band. I think he feels it's an insult to the current G&R line up. I don't really care if they reunite for the show or that Axl won't be there. As the previous articles have stated, many people didn't show up at the HOF induction for one reason or another.

When the Eagles did the HOF, they were already reunited, as it took place after HFO tour. (except for Randy & Bernie) Yes, for them to play that night was a big deal, but it didn't really change anything.

I have no clue, but based on the fact that it's just 25 years since the original lineup was able to be inducted, I thought it was that lineup that was being inducted, not any and all Guns. It's those years and those members that gave us the GNR that's being inducted. Hardly seems fair to induct members of the currently touring GNR when they haven't contributed to the legend that is GNR other than playing the songs. I really don't know how that works... was trying to find an article on which members were being inducted or is it just the group as a whole, including every member that was in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    To me Axl's refusal to attend is all about supporting his current band, & not about the original band. I think he feels it's an insult to the current G&R line up.
    For the record, I don't think Axl cares about ANYBODY but himself, current band included. He's always behaved like a spoiled, selfish brat. But, that's just my opinion.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    I have no clue, but based on the fact that it's just 25 years since the original lineup was able to be inducted, I thought it was that lineup that was being inducted, not any and all Guns. It's those years and those members that gave us the GNR that's being inducted. Hardly seems fair to induct members of the currently touring GNR when they haven't contributed to the legend that is GNR other than playing the songs. I really don't know how that works... was trying to find an article on which members were being inducted or is it just the group as a whole, including every member that was in it?
    Surely the people being inducted would be the members of the band up to Chinese Democracy. Are any of those people in Mr Rose's current band? Excuse my ignorance. I also don't see people can be inducted just because they happen to be playing with him at this point in time. Even I know that he's very volatile & he could change his mind tomorrow about who he considers a 'band member'. There have to be standards & criteria for these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Surely the people being inducted would be the members of the band up to Chinese Democracy. Are any of those people in Mr Rose's current band? Excuse my ignorance. I also don't see people can be inducted just because they happen to be playing with him at this point in time. Even I know that he's very volatile & he could change his mind tomorrow about who he considers a 'band member'. There have to be standards & criteria for these things.
    Exactly! Unlike with the Eagles and Felder, who DID contribute to many albums then of course he should and was included. Nobody who played on Chinese Democracy has anything to do at all with the "GNR" that's being inducted. If that album was criteria for induction, we wouldn't even be having this conversation/debate.

I'm still looking for something that actually names them individually as inductees. And, I'm really hoping that the ones that show up just play a song, Duff can sing!!

Thanks for weighing in FP! It's good to hear other opinions when I'm so CLEARLY biased. But hey.. this is the band that I grew up with and means the most to me. I used to be a hairdresser when I was younger and my walls were plastered with posters of GNR, including the ceiling. My shop was in a small Bible belt town of 700 people. No old lady would set foot in my shop. lol But, all the high school kids thought I was the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Just read on twitter:

Eddie Trunk ‏ @EddieTrunk Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
    Just found out that @MylesKennedy has to postpone our interview for tonight as he is headed to Cleveland. What's going on there??

*MAYBE* the boys are going to play with Myles singing!!! After reading how passionate Duff was about making this about the songs and doing it for the FANS... maybe we're going to get a song or two!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

First off, let me say kudos to Duff!!! He's handling just the way it should be, no name calling, no accusing, just basically saying he's honored and will be glad to be there for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Good question--- I know he was changing band members like most of us change underwear. To be fair, I don't know if he was hiring and firing or if they were leaving on their own. Anywho.... This is what I found as far as members to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Former_members

How freaking confusing is that? Is there another band that's had that many members to it? Geesh! Here's what I'm GUESSING-- the members to be inducted would be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Steven, Duff, Gilby and Matt and possibly Traci for the simple fact that he helped contribute to the name and get the band off the ground.

And let me add, I know how you feel Lizzy (of course you already knew that since we've been talking about it for days ) they were a huge influence on me. I loved all the members, including Axl who's voice could send me into a meltdown. I absolutely loved them and watched and listened non stop for a very long time. Like I said earlier, there was even a tattoo but it's been covered up now because my Mom was so harpy about it after awhile because "a woman of my age shouldn't have a tattoo with a picture of guns and roses on her leg". It was the logo of the 2 pistols crossed and the rose coming up through the middle. I liked it but oh well.

He sings it high, he plays it low