Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Well the Coldplay concert is out for me with not only the prices but they sold out during presale. My younger cousin was going to go with me but just way too expensive.

But on the bright side my brother and I are planning our trip back to Nashville in September and I'm so excited to go back there and properly see the city and hopefully the Opry. I went during CMA Fest last summer for a day and while it was awesome it was also crazy with all those people there. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

My first concert of the year. I'm going to see country singers John Berry (He was big in the 90s. He's one of my favorite country singers behind Vince Gill. I've been a fan of his music for 22 years. I saw him in concert for the first time last year), Billy Dean, Linda Davis(she's mother of Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum and Linda used to sing backup with Reba McEntire for many years) and some other artists. I've seen John Berry once and that was last year. Billy Dean has a show in Branson, but I've never had the chance to see. So I finally get to see him.

This show is mostly will be the singers singing and talking about the stories behind their hits. Its going to be interesting. I bought my tickets this morning and the show is two weeks from tomorrow.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Well the Coldplay concert is out for me with not only the prices but they sold out during presale. My younger cousin was going to go with me but just way too expensive.

But on the bright side my brother and I are planning our trip back to Nashville in September and I'm so excited to go back there and properly see the city and hopefully the Opry. I went during CMA Fest last summer for a day and while it was awesome it was also crazy with all those people there. LOL
    Oh that's too bad about Coldplay. I saw them in a smallish basketball arena after their first album came out. They were good. I'm not really a fan, but I like some of their stuff.

I might be going to Nashville for a work-related thang in late July. If I can go, I want to see the Bluebird Cafe and Hank William's former home. I'm also trying to remember the name of the restaurant that Soda recommended.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Buffyfan - Sorry to hear about the Coldplay concert. I remember when they came to Liverpool in 2012 they sold out very quickly indeed. Hope you get another chance some time in the future.

Regarding Coldplay themselves, I have to say my parents played them a fair bit when I was growing up and I used to like them quite a bit, but I don't like the musical direction they've gone in with their last three albums (I'm afraid collaborations with singers like Rihanna and Beyoncé are too much for me to stomach). I still like the 2000-2003 version of the band though, I like Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head. I guess I preferred them when they were more melancholy and more 'alternative', but for every fan like me they've lost, they've probably picked up 2-3 more who like the newer music and they've have been successful beyond their wildest dreams.

I'm bummed out about it too but hopefully one day it'll work out. I never thought they'd play here so that changed things. The Bluebird Café is on the list already of Nashville places to check out as are a few others.

Jonny, I've been a fan of Coldplay since "Yellow" first came out but I've loved almost all of their music since. I like a variety of genres and I have all of their albums. I know a lot of the original fans didn't like their other styles, but I've loved most of it. They've always been a big influence with my writing too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Picked up tickets to the Dave Matthews Band in May.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Doobie Brothers/Journey with Dave Mason in May

Kiss in July

trying to talk hubby into Ringo Starr in June

Clint Black announced he's playing my town's local festival in August!!! It's a free concert too. It'll actually be the Saturday after I see Don in Cincinnati. Two years ago I saw Travis Tritt at our festival too and I remember he not only did all his hits, but also his version of "Take it Easy". Pretty sure Clint will do his cover of "Desperado" as well since that was a hit for him too.

My family's had that "Common Thread" album since it first came out and have been fans of almost all the artists on it. Counting Travis and now Clint, I'll have seen four of the artists on the album with both Vince Gill and Brooks & Dunn twice.
    ~*Amanda*~

Tonight is the Dave Matthews Band concert! I'm getting pumped!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Have fun, Luv