Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Irving Azoff News

Thanks for posting this, TBF. Wow - what a mess! The truth begins to come out. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that these practices are in the best interest of the fans. I thought that ILAA was supposed to be the way fans could purchase VIP tickets. Come on guys, do us fans a favor and simplify the process. We really don't need the options of platinum, premium, VIP, etc. How about just making all tickets available to the public on a first come, first serve basis at a fair market value. Okay, if you want to hold back a hundred or so tickets for a fairly priced VIP package, I can deal with that. I'm certainly not opposed to the artists and Ticketmaster making a profit - after all that's what capitalism is all about. But, there is a big difference between making a profit and gouging the fans.

Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope that the 'powers that be' will do anything significant to fix this. IMHO, the only hope is for more high profile artists to follow the Boss' lead and stand up for their fans. YOU GO BRUCE!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The story about Neil Diamond is appalling. Here is an artist's frank perspective on what's happening - an illuminating one. I quoted what I found especially interesting.

Trent Reznor is a member of the alternative rock band Nine Inch Nails. Here's his post about the subject, from their official website:

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Reznor
    Now we get into the issue of secondary markets for tickets, which is the hot issue here. The ticketing marketplace for rock concerts shows a real lack of sophistication, meaning this: the true market value of some tickets for some concerts is much higher than what the act wants to be perceived as charging. For example, there are some people who would be willing to pay $1,000 and up to be in the best seats for various shows, but MOST acts in the rock / pop world don't want to come off as greedy pricks asking that much, even though the market says its value is that high. The acts know this, the venue knows this, the promoters know this, the ticketing company knows this and the scalpers really know this. So...

The venue, the promoter, the ticketing agency and often the artist camp (artist, management and agent) take tickets from the pool of available seats and feed them directly to the re-seller (which from this point on will be referred to by their true name: SCALPER).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

"Don't buy from scalpers, and be suspect of artists singing the praises of the Live Nation / TicketMaster merger. What's in it for them?"

This statement just sums it up for me!

I'm begging the legislators...
    DO SOMETHING!!!

I love going to concerts but I'm about to start my own little boycott!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

TicketMaster is in trouble in Arizona. A lady tried to buy tickets to see Robin Williams and when she went on line it directed her to TicketsNow site. The tickets were $75 each on TM but TicketsNow were selling them for $100. She ended up paying $237.00 for 2 tickets. When she got her receipt they sent her copies of tickets and when she called them they told her that the copies would be honored at the door.The night of the show she was turned away and they told her that the show was sold out and that her copies were no good. She turned them in to "Three on your side" a program that helps people that have been cheated by companies, and they went after TM for her a refund. TM stated that the show was sold out and the TicketsNow was a site where people that had bought tickets but couldn't use them for some reason could resell their tickets and that they would investigate the matter for her. The show brought up the Springsteen mess and said that TM had been fined $350,000. They also warned people to never pay for tickets with their Debit card if you pay with your Credit card you can dispute the charge.

I cringe every time I hear about something like that. I remember that when I bought our tickets for Cincinnati from TicketsNow and didn't really rest easy till we were in the arena because I feared something like that would happen.

I heard on the news this morning that StubHub is up in arms also and doesn't think the merger should be allowed to go thru between Live Nation and Ticketmaster. I wonder when all of this will actually happen.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Thanks to @BasicRob from twitter for this article. Pretty interesting and a screencap of Joe from a video I have yet to find or see (let me know if any of ya'll find it!)
    All Things Digital - Irving Azoff interview

I just saw that Rob posted this on Twitter and like I said there, and I will repeat it, Irving makes me sick!!!

At least Azoff says it's a bad idea to sue one's customers. I give him props for that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just read about another Irving acquisition over at CMT.

CMT News

Kenny Chesney's Management Acquired by Front Line
    May 13, 2009
    The management firm representing Kenny Chesney, Big & Rich and Gretchen Wilson, has been acquired by Irving Azoff's Front Line Management, according to Billboard magazine. Dale Morris & Associates has represented Chesney since 1993 and has been his only management home. Morris was also Alabama's manager until the band retired in 2004. Front Line Management is already established in Nashville with business connections to RPM Management and Spalding Entertainment. The company is a division of Ticketmaster Entertainment.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

If Irving keeps this up he will own all the touring acts and control all the tickets sales to go see them.